Author Topic: Fix hale rages that change thirdperson to firstperson  (Read 8125 times)

Offline ridiculed

• Donator
  • things.
Fix hale rages that change thirdperson to firstperson
« on: August 08, 2013, 04:40:41 pm »
It's a nuisance for me. The only hales that did this where mainly in the old set 3. They where usually the screen shaking/LSD screen hales. Ya you can justify it takes a second to type in "!3" or "!tp" but when there's a lot of players in game, and a lot of damage is going by, it happens almost constantly.  Fixing this issue is 1 less issue and makes a big difference for me, someone who almost exclusively plays thirdperson.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 04:42:29 pm by ridiculed »
Posting in dead forums

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
Re: Fix hale rages that change thirdperson to firstperson
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 05:19:43 pm »
So basically what you're saying.
You like playing in 3rd person.
But when you get raged or hit by specific rages it forces you back into first person, so then you want some perma 3rd person option?
Or bind a key so you don't have to type it.
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

Offline Windy

• Full Admin
  • HOT DOG!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 05:20:53 pm »
You could bind something to "sm_3" and press it when your view is changed into firstperson.

Code: [Select]
Bind mouse3 "sm_3"

Entering this in console will make pressing your mousewheel switch you to thirdperson.
If you're going to report someone, make sure to follow these steps!
  • Record a demo.
  • Get the person's steamid.
  • Add an Admin and annoy him/her about it.
  • Click your heels and yell out "Ding Dong Bannu!"This probably won't work, though.
Don't like a map? Use the !maprate command to give it a bad rating, and then maybe Voided will take it off the rotation. Maybe.

Dislike saysounds? Use !sounds to disable them!

Don't enjoy tf2? I don't have a solution for that. :(

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
Fix Drug Hales Thirdperson and Sniper Scope unzooming
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 05:23:39 pm »
also dont forget when sniping when a drug hale turns ur scope not to be zoomed in but still with the charge full

Offline ridiculed

• Donator
  • things.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 05:36:24 pm »
Alright thanks will do.
Posting in dead forums

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 02:11:23 am »
This sounds like it would be easy enough to fix.

also dont forget when sniping when a drug hale turns ur scope not to be zoomed in but still with the charge full

Is there a specific issue that occurs when you're fully charged and suddenly are put into third person?

• Venus Power
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 07:47:25 am »
when u are scoped and charging or charged the scope will be in the scope form but zoomed out

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 10:26:09 am »
Alright well I've made some changes regarding this issue. Firstly, your thirdperson state is now reverted after a rage that places you into firstperson ends. Additionally I've made it so that if you're playing as a sniper in third person, you'll be reverted into firstperson when scoped in and then back to thirdperson when scoped out. Lastly, I reworked how thirdperson works with the ghostmode plugin so you no longer need to use !ghostmode and the menu to change your thirdperson setting, you can simply use !3 or !1.

when u are scoped and charging or charged the scope will be in the scope form but zoomed out
Regarding this: I don't think there are any rages that force you into thirdperson, only into firstperson, so I'm not entirely sure how what you've described happens.

• Venus Power

• Venus Power
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 10:29:44 am »
and voidy i was a few feet away from the fence

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 10:36:35 am »
Can you explain what causes that? Is one of the boss rages that makes you zoomed out? Does it require being in first/thirdperson and scoping in and then being raged?

• Venus Power
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 10:38:59 am »
ok when a drug hale like conker rages and are far away the end of the circle thingys under conker will go away and when zoomed in it will go to like in my screenshot
edit: with the drug hales it makes us go in firstperson cause of the effects but the effects from rtd doesnt

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 10:46:06 am »
Okay I see what's happening, but making a proper fix for this likely isn't worth the effort. Scoping out and back in should fix it.