Author Topic: what are the nerfs/buffs planned for the new weapons on VSH/FF2  (Read 15557 times)

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
Re: what are the nerfs/buffs planned for the new weapons on VSH/FF2
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 11:09:05 pm »
>Gru did 6 in regular play, our gru is modded to make the heavy 50% faster and it didnt change because it gives the player this gru instead of the default one.

Like the idea with the new RL, Though people could abuse it with the escape plan.

Boost meter cannot be worked to do that.

Offline Thochun

• Unrelenting hatred against animated ponies.
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 04:11:20 am »
The all weapon crits is not applied to the Snip'r's Cleaner's Carbine (new smg).
Please fix this...
A.K.A. Captain One-Shot.

Offline DrJack Posts Ponies C:

• Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 04:27:23 am »
Probably because it cant roll for random critical hits, but I dont even know why one would want to use this in Hale mode anyway

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 01:35:33 am »
think its just gonna be replaced with the default smg

[you can no has Rarity's marshmellowy haunches]

Offline Shae

• Saxton hell's local black gentleman.
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 08:53:39 am »
think its just gonna be replaced with the default smg

[you can no has Rarity's marshmellowy haunches]
What kinds of crazy shit CAN you do with modding weapons? Maybe us knowing what is possible/impossible for you to code can give us a better time suggesting ways weapons can be modded.

I also think that this or 9mm's thread should be stickied so that we can all track any changes you guys make to the weapons system. (If you don't mind.)

I prefer a tofu fried chicken substitute.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 01:30:28 pm »
Weapons in TF2 have the concept of attributes which control how they behave. We have the ability to add/remove attribs from any weapons, in addition to entirely replacing weapons with different ones.

Check this site for a list of attribs.

Offline Shae

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 02:47:08 pm »
Weapons in TF2 have the concept of attributes which control how they behave. We have the ability to add/remove attribs from any weapons, in addition to entirely replacing weapons with different ones.

Check this site for a list of attribs.

That is a REALLY useful list to go by. I wish it were posted in the first place.

Anyway adding #224 to the cleaner's carbine seems legit. Since a lot of bushwacka jumping snipers end up at half health anyway, it'd be cool if the carbine had the equalizer effect.
Although it might lean towards being overpowered and I think the snipers need a more defensive buff if anything. :/

Perhaps give it to the baby face basher? It would kinda give scouts a reason to use the atomizer/boston basher/three rune blade.
I'm just throwing out ideas as I go along.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 02:48:39 pm by Shae »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2012, 03:11:56 pm »
I think snipers are in a good place. They're the top damage dealing class, and topping the scoreboard should be worth some risk.

Feel free to give more ideas, Miaumon is pretty much my goto guy when we want to change VSH/FF2 weapons up a bit and he's really familiar with what attribs work on what weapons.

Offline Shae

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2012, 07:58:10 pm »
I think snipers are in a good place. They're the top damage dealing class, and topping the scoreboard should be worth some risk.

Feel free to give more ideas, Miaumon is pretty much my goto guy when we want to change VSH/FF2 weapons up a bit and he's really familiar with what attribs work on what weapons.
Alrighty. Also how is that whole "VSH Stats" thing coming along? How will that work? Does it count damage?

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2012, 10:39:06 pm »
Alrighty. Also how is that whole "VSH Stats" thing coming along? How will that work? Does it count damage?

Still in the planning stages. I'm not sure how I want to go about making it yet.

Offline Rukrio

• the village idiot
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2012, 08:33:00 am »
bumping this thread because of update adding new weapons for spy, heavy, scout, and pyro

surprisingly enough, if STAR's video on them is anything to go by, this bump might be pointless:

Help. I don't know where this belongs.