Author Topic: Platform trolling  (Read 3700 times)

Offline Nurse Pinkamena

• Such pony much wow
Platform trolling
« on: May 14, 2014, 07:33:07 pm »
Would platform trolling include blocking a vital pathway that in term causes death for example, high fiveing on safety first that blocks the pathway along the swinging boxes and people die from getting pushed off or the boxes,if so is that a bannable offence? Cause a lot of people die from it

Offline DMG

Re: Platform trolling
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 07:46:02 pm »
Well we have pushing disabled on Mario, Space, and Wolfenstein for problem areas. I'm surprised they haven't done so already for Safety.

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 09:18:15 pm »
Safety doesn't really need a no-push zone.
I am totally the prettiest girl on the Prop Hunt server.
#PrettiestGirl2013 #SoTryhard

Offline Baysick

• Ɛ: ʇolɐ ɹp ʎɐld puɐ ʎuoɹq ɐ ɯ,I
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 11:56:51 pm »
Would platform trolling include blocking a vital pathway that in term causes death for example, high fiveing on safety first that blocks the pathway along the swinging boxes and people die from getting pushed off or the boxes,if so is that a bannable offence? Cause a lot of people die from it

Aren't you one of the oldest DR veterans? I thought you would have a pretty good idea of this lol...

Anyways (at least to my perspective) the generic term "platform trolling" is a term referring to the rule "platform grieving" where a allied deathrunner intentionally attempts to prevent a player from advancing through a map in the form of abusing breakable platforms.

Safety doesn't really need a no-push zone.

Hes correct for the most part... There are no abusable breaking platforms in safety first.  I am familiar with the area where there are swinging crates. Players high five taunting between the crates will make it more difficult to pass the obstical. This does not prevent the player as more so it just adds to the challenge. After all... Saxton Hell's deathrun servers of enabled player collision is a feature. In other words there is a difference between player collision and platform trolling.

I mean.... I'm just a stupid brony. Don't listen to me C:

$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3