Author Topic: the blackbox  (Read 7077 times)

Offline Black Mage

the blackbox
« on: February 13, 2014, 05:13:35 pm »
Ok im not damning the weapon itself. but the combination of things used with it,
ever since the conch got buffed more soldiers run around Regen health while using resourceful and killing with the black box. the health regen is off the charts bonkers. the average blackbox hit gives +15 hp not bad alone, add in multiple targets 2 hit thats +30 spread out. heres the issue. resourceful is too overpowered-for soldiers. blackbox and resourceful alone can carry the average scrub with no real skill but since the conch now gives 2hp per second more people are using it passively in combination with the perk and the blackbox, adding its rage ability of healing for how much damage was done with a minor speed buff. this is the problem and as long as i can remember mods have never done a thing to stop it. yes skill should be rewarded but the soldier gets more healing than a vampiric heavy. fighting against a soldeir with the buff poped as a scout heavy or spy is like going up against a fast exploding heavy with between 450-625 hp. the only thing left is group tactics where more than 5 or so zombies can even do anything but when you have 3-5 soldiers all using the same load out this becomes impossible. this is a bigger problem than a hunter scout with bleeds and cleavers. please mods either remove the passive healing/remove the conch atleast or remove the blackbox. when coupled with a medic they will never die.

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
Re: the blackbox
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 05:15:36 pm »
lol get rektd its not op just its there

Offline Black Mage

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 06:20:30 pm »
lol get rektd its not op just its there

nice example of a kid using the very same loadout perk.

• Venus Power
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 06:36:12 pm »
(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง  big whoop u wana fight bout it

Offline LEON35

• Eat shit :D
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 06:40:33 pm »
nice example of a kid using the very same loadout perk.

Nice example of a player with rustled jimmies because he can't play.

• Venus Power
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 06:41:38 pm »
Nice example of a player with rustled jimmies because he can't play.
damn he just rektd u

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 07:43:55 pm »
I think I'd want Lunacy's opinion on this, but some ideas I quickly thought up:

• Removing the +HP on damage feature of the black box, and give it 4 rockets to match other launchers. (Basically making it a reskinned regular launcher)
  • Modifying Resourceful so that its effect is lessened when used in combination with the black box.

The conch, I think, is still a pretty useful and viable item in combination with other weapons, so I don't think I'd want to just nerf that.

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 07:51:58 pm »
Black Box undoubtedly the most used soldier primary for ZF because the health on hit is rather vital for survival, especially when you roam or go solo.
Personally I don't mind if something is changed but most do run Resourceful simply because he has huge health regen. (something like 40 or 50 health over 4 or 5 seconds non-stacking per kill)
It just urges zombies to use a little more coordination.  Successful Tar + roar can pin and wreck any player, heavy rushing so they have trouble trying to kill anyone, and just that one spy in the corner waiting for an opportunity can make all the difference.

But then you got larger maps that allow rocket jumping and then they can become nearly impossible to kill unless you manage to camp all the health kits.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 08:01:34 pm by Lunacy »
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

Offline Black Mage

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 08:23:06 pm »
glad to see the forum isnt filled with idiots, voided lunacy you raise good points about possible nerf. id be all fine for blackbox being a stock rl most people wouldnt since like you said its good for solo/roaming. resourcful does give quite a bit of health back tho and i think its more than 5 second refill in hp. 1 thing i havent talked about is the attack/defense bonus. i didnt think so at the time but it does encourage camping of health/amo for that added damage bonus. maybe nerfing healing or removing the damage bonus. i would hate to see other calsses penalized for 1 perk. ill try to record a demo to show how the resourcful blackbox conch is compared to the average zf players. seeing/playing it is a little more convincing that just explaining it.

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 11:26:23 pm »
if you record do it on ZF_Maze, because that map makes resourceful soldiers look completely OP :P
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

Offline Black Mage

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 11:30:08 am »
if you record do it on ZF_Maze, because that map makes resourceful soldiers look completely OP :P
next best thing asylum

in the demo not only do i get backstabbed twice BUT 3 other resourcful soldiers survive one i believe is using a festive rocket launcher so its not a total blackbox-a-thon but i went from 0-27 and topscored. this is a typical thing in almost everygame i want to say 75-25 that survivors win due to recoursful, blackbox, conch soldiers.  one thing i can think of since i was getting crits every so often is have 0 crit chance on resourcful, i was 1-2 shotting heavies with them also the ability to activate and hold my conch till the right time really hurts the zombies

i was having issues posting the demo itself to this forum so i uploaded it to my 4shared.
http://www.4shared.com/file/eALJHO3fba/blackbox.html
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 03:06:41 pm by Black Mage »

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 08:23:33 am »
Hmm, trading crits for near-infinite ammo.  Sounds reasonable, especially since that's exactly what the cow mangler does.
On Hiatus

Offline Black Mage

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 09:04:17 am »
near inf amo no crits and the loss of the attack/deffensebuffs and a little nerfed healing would make this better.
another thing i thought of was increase the clip size of the blackkbox to 6 rockets  and double its amo ammount but reduce healing to 5hp per hit and halving the damage it does and removing crits.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 05:31:34 pm by Black Mage »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 06:50:50 pm »
i was having issues posting the demo itself to this forum so i uploaded it to my 4shared.
http://www.4shared.com/file/eALJHO3fba/blackbox.html

You should look into using something such as dropbox. File sharing websites are absolutely atrocious. I'm not even able to download that file.

Offline Black Mage

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 09:27:52 pm »
You should look into using something such as dropbox. File sharing websites are absolutely atrocious. I'm not even able to download that file.

just got it here you go https://www.dropbox.com/s/19q215l147u1t4p/blackbox.dem