Author Topic: Bias  (Read 5255 times)

Offline Muttonchops

Bias
« on: October 04, 2012, 09:35:18 pm »
So I've been gagged for a week for insulting a child, with the reason being "clearly not understanding what 'not being a douchebag' means.

Now I, along with the rest of the server, have been constantly told to use the mute button on annoying kids by other players and the admins. So why, I ask, should we get gagged for insulting kids? If they are being annoying, they deserve the trolling and the hate. Also, why is it that people are told to use the mute button to mute annoying kids yet they get gagged for insulting them? If the logic that a little kid should only be ignored using the mute button, then that therefore means that people insulting said children should only be ignored using the mute button, not gagged for any amount of time.

Long story short, it's a stupid idea for gagging people instead of ignoring them via mute button if annoying kids are never gagged and should only be ignored via the mute button.

Post opinions

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Bias
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 09:41:38 pm »
Why were you chat banned? Quite simply because you didn't use the mute button. The whole reason we tell people to mute children is exactly to avoid the kind of drama you cause. You didn't mute them, and instead you decided to contribute to a negative server environment.

Corollary to this, your entire argument falls apart once you realize it's not possible for players to mute the chat of others.

On top of all that, here's some other wonderful excepts that have you've been kind enough to type for us:

*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: Less sand niggers to worry about
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: Then again, the Jews would be given the chance to live
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: Let's hope that the nuclear fallout doesn't go further
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: Or if their allies retaliate
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: I hope you suffer too, you Jew
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: Fun Fact: Hitler did nothing wrong
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: The only bad thing he did was kill Hitler
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: Fun Fact: Jews caused the Holocaust
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: Quiet negro Jew
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: It's not stupid, shit, or stupid shit
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: Sorry German, but you're a freakin' dirty Jew soooo
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: So you rape little boys
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: Off to the gas chamber for ya
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: Aldric, he's a stupid kid
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: Do you really expect him to understand the concept of sacrifice?
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: Especially when it involves him most of the time?
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: Scout, quit whining like the tiny babby man you are
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: And grow some balls then drop them
Commander Muttonchops: Scout, are you 8?
Commander Muttonchops : Nigga, dis game be M-rated
Commander Muttonchops: T for Tits
Commander Muttonchops: But M for Men
Commander Muttonchops: Not tiny babby men
Commander Muttonchops: You're upset, ponyfag
Commander Muttonchops: Shut up, retarded child
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: Kid, go to bed
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: Trumpet, go the fuck to sleep
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: Com, fuck you and your moralfagness
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: He's a little prick that doesn't deserve to be on this server
*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: Skull, shouldn't you be getting ready for school?

Give me your best argument for why I shouldn't turn your ban into a permanent normal ban.

Offline Muttonchops

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 09:53:27 pm »
Alright, I know where this is going.

But just to clarify, some of those were just for joking around and the others were just for telling them to shut up.

Regardless, my point stands.

Offline Nurse Flutterjerk

• Your going to LOVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 11:55:08 pm »
yeah we were telling them to shut up and he was mostly telling them in a jokling manner i dont think he needs a chat ban :P

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
  • Friendly Neighborhood Judo Master
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 12:02:34 am »
Taken out of context, yeah, some of those comments look pretty bad. Some of them were bad even in context.

Just be more careful about what you say...

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 12:56:45 am »
Oh look, it's THIS thread again.
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline bombs

• happy trees
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 01:15:14 am »

So why, I ask, should we get gagged for insulting kids? If they are being annoying, they deserve the trolling and the hate.

To be honest this kind of mentality has no place in any server. EVEN IF we were to make a distinction here between intentional and incidental types of annoying behavior its still not reason to be an outright douche to someone. If the kid is being annoying on purpose then its only slightly more excusable because its natural to get angry if someone is trolling the server, especially on deathrun. But if he is just a young kid talking on the mic and you think hes annoying there is simply no rational explanation other than you're a giant douche. Why do you have to be petty about it?

I said it in another thread once but i'll say it again. Kids of any age have every right to play the game as you do. An M rating only means that a kid under 17 isn't allowed to buy the game from a retailer. Has nothing to do with whether hes allowed to actually play the game.

*DEAD* Commander Muttonchops: He's a little prick that doesn't deserve to be on this server

cringeworthy. If i were an admin i wouldn't just chat ban you.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 01:19:03 am by bombs »

Offline Muttonchops

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 05:43:09 pm »
Corollary to this, your entire argument falls apart once you realize it's not possible for players to mute the chat of others.

No offense, but have you even TRIED muting the chat of other players with the mute button in the main menu? I've done it multiple times and I can confirm that it DOES indeed mute their comments in the chatroom.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 06:16:04 pm »
No offense, but have you even TRIED muting the chat of other players with the mute button in the main menu? I've done it multiple times and I can confirm that it DOES indeed mute their comments in the chatroom.

Yes, I have. The vban command (the internal command used when muting other clients) doesn't modify chat at all, only voice.

Offline Muttonchops

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 06:43:32 pm »
Yes, I have. The vban command (the internal command used when muting other clients) doesn't modify chat at all, only voice.

Strange. Like I mentioned, all the times that I muted (via mute button) a certain someone who types always result in a complete mute (unable to receive text messages nor voices from the user in-game).

Offline Weeaboo

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 04:12:45 am »
Strange. Like I mentioned, all the times that I muted (via mute button) a certain someone who types always result in a complete mute (unable to receive text messages nor voices from the user in-game).
This is possibly a server plugin and not TF2 itself.

Offline iR| Doctor Scootaloo

• I need to go out more.
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 09:27:19 pm »
>Saw the comments Muttonchops made.
>Cried inside for the kid and me.