Author Topic: Re-downloading Server mods even though I have them.  (Read 5630 times)

Offline Ghost PGD

• Sydney Sleeper Sniper. Deal with it.
Re-downloading Server mods even though I have them.
« on: June 29, 2012, 10:39:19 pm »
Whenever I go to another server other than a Saxton Hell server, when I get onto a Saxton Hell server, it re-downloads all server mods.

Offline Shae

• Saxton hell's local black gentleman.
Re: Re-downloading Server mods even though I have them.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 12:07:57 am »
Not totally sure how that is happening to you but I'll ask the following follow-up questions just in case someone with knowledge on this subject can help you. But bear in mind that this forum is barely active and it can take several days for a few good replies.

1. Have you downloaded any mods outside of tf2? (Tools, skins, sounds, things that change your tf2 files?)
2. Do you use any third party tools (i.e. tools not authorized or designed by the creators of steam or valve) that make changes to tf2 or steam?
3. How long has this problem been happening? Have you done anything different since your problem first occurred?
4. Does anyone else use your computer, or have access to your files/steam account? You you suspect that they could be causing the issue?

Thats about it. Good luck.

I prefer a tofu fried chicken substitute.

Offline 9mmpainpill

• Donator
  • On a THC powered rocket ship to the moon.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 12:39:04 am »
Go into Options in TF2 in the Multiplayer Tab and make sure where it says "When a server tries to download custom content to your computer" is set to the right option.

Besides that I would guess it is an sv_pure setting issue, I know other people have had that problem.  I certainly have.  Next time it starts to re-download all the files immediately exit out of TF2, and restart it.  When you try and join the Hell server again it shouldn't make you download it.  That is what does it for me.  Hope that helps.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 09:09:16 am »
It's definitely an sv_pure issue.

After joining an sv_pure 1 server, the client doesn't clear the whitelist of allowed content and "re-downloads" all of our content again, and then you get to see error models for everything.

The current workaround for this is to restart tf2 after joining a pure server.