Author Topic: Prophunt Admins  (Read 24943 times)

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Prophunt Admins
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2013, 05:35:32 pm »
The rule says not to give out locations of RED team members (besides your own spot) and some people think that makes it fine to say what prop people are, usually when it's down to one or two props.

I don't think it's a giant problem compared to giving out spots because I already know what props should and shouldn't be there for every map but I suppose it could help people who don't know what they're doing. However, I don't see it changing even if the rule is changed because not many people bother to read the rules.

It still constitutes ghosting, however, since it makes the hunters look for specific props and therefore gives them an unfair advantage. I'll update the rules to state that as well.

Maybe if the server specific rules were added to the MOTD that appears on map start and the MOTD was forced for 3-5 seconds before it could be closed?

I'll put that on my todo list. Sans the forced part, I don't think that'd go over very well.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2013, 07:03:47 pm »
It still constitutes ghosting, however, since it makes the hunters look for specific props and therefore gives them an unfair advantage. I'll update the rules to state that as well.

Fair enough, I was just saying that it doesn't help the hunters they should be worried about. I don't care if he's a milk jug if I've run my route around the whole map and missed him.

I'll put that on my todo list. Sans the forced part, I don't think that'd go over very well.

Only reason I added the forced part was because no one would read it otherside. :P

Offline Loc Rocker

• Full Admin
  • Yo!
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2013, 11:06:18 am »
Speaking of which, a few of the regulars and I have been talking and we feel there needs to be a stronger admin presence in Prophunt. I understand Luve doesn't have the best of internet and with Roar working; he can't be there all the time. Early mornings and nights when Roar can't be on are especially filled with ghosters and overall unruly rule breakers. Taking screencaps and reporting them later is barely making a dent.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2013, 03:58:32 pm »
I agree with Loc, but got a feelin i aint gonna like the choices for admins. For the record Luve does a really great job when she's around.

Offline milligraham

« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2013, 04:23:01 pm »
I also agree that prophunt needs a stronger admin presence. It feels like the number of times someone breaks the rules and needs to be dealt with each day is higher than it has been in the past few months. As Loc said, Roar isn't on all the time, so plenty of rule breaking goes unpunished.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2013, 06:08:18 pm »
Taking screencaps and reporting them later is barely making a dent.
I dare ask where these reports are going as I haven't seen a single one.

I still don't believe the issue is as bad as anyone had described, even in the past before Luve and Glaceon were made admins. Sure, there will always be someone that joins the server and ghosts (possibly even unknowingly; there are players who haven't played prophunt and genuinely don't know what ghosting is), and then some regular will be quick to scream and yell at them about ghosting, and that will be it.

I see it time and time again while watching the server's chat: Player X joins, plays a little, ghosts, gets screamed at, and then learns their lesson. This is the case that I'd say happens most often, and that these aren't the kind of players at we need an admin reaction for.

What admins would be needed for is for players that blatantly ignore the warnings of someone yelling at them to stop ghosting, or players who join and purposely ghost through other means such as skype/steam/etc. These are the cases I see the least.

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2013, 07:26:45 am »
 gimme admin
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline Loc Rocker

• Full Admin
  • Yo!
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2013, 06:26:12 pm »
I have a gallery of ghosters and rules breakers set to my google chrome account so I can show Roar and Luve screencaps when they do get on. I even have a few left on my hard-drive and in my steam image gallery if you want to see them.

Offline Dr.PanCakes

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2013, 09:43:25 pm »
Loc for admin 2013

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2013, 10:17:25 pm »
I am totally the prettiest girl on the Prop Hunt server.
#PrettiestGirl2013 #SoTryhard

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2013, 06:00:17 am »
loc for BADMIN 2013
eskimo admin yessss
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2013, 10:58:26 am »
Loc for admin 2013

So how much did he pay you to say that? :P

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2013, 11:08:15 am »
One blowjob coupon.
I am totally the prettiest girl on the Prop Hunt server.
#PrettiestGirl2013 #SoTryhard

Offline Loc Rocker

• Full Admin
  • Yo!
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2013, 11:16:22 am »
Valued at $500 before mail-in rebates.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2013, 08:26:41 pm »
Admins should not have propmenu. :)