Author Topic: I HAVE A DREAM...  (Read 2989 times)

Offline Phantomazing (Duck)

• The Guy who Used to Micspam Duck Noises
I HAVE A DREAM...
« on: October 01, 2014, 07:58:12 pm »
I have a dream that one day on the servers of Saxton Hell, the dedicated daily players and the one-time newbie players will be able to sit down together at the table of voting for a map option that isn't on top.

I have a dream that one day even the server of Deathrun, a server sweltering with the heat of voting for the topmost option, sweltering with the heat of nominated maps as the topmost option, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice where players can choose maps other than the ones on top.

I have a dream that my four little children I probably won't have because I'm antisocial and don't have the guts to raise four children will one day live in on the Saxton Hell servers where they will not vote for the first choice of map but by the quality of the listed maps.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shit map be exalted, and every quality map shall be made low, the rough maps will be made plain, and the crooked maps will be made straight; and the glory of the Owner of Saxton Hell shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together.

This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to the Servers with.

[bold](Yeah I took a part of MLK's I Have A Dream Speech and shitted it up with the map voting crisis and I'm really tired and my meds are wearing off and I'm also recovering from sickness bye-bye)[/bold]

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: I HAVE A DREAM...
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 11:21:33 pm »
There's no real good solution to this problem. People just love to spam the first few voting keys.

Offline Mango Supreme

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 02:49:11 pm »
This is a fowl problem we have on our hands. The top maps just don't fit the bill. If players start reading the list before voting, maybe the lesser-played maps will make a comequack.

Offline Windy

• Full Admin
  • HOT DOG!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 04:25:36 pm »
Tired of people voting for shit maps? If you nominate a map, it'll be on top. oh boy, now you're breaking the system
If you're going to report someone, make sure to follow these steps!
  • Record a demo.
  • Get the person's steamid.
  • Add an Admin and annoy him/her about it.
  • Click your heels and yell out "Ding Dong Bannu!"This probably won't work, though.
Don't like a map? Use the !maprate command to give it a bad rating, and then maybe Voided will take it off the rotation. Maybe.

Dislike saysounds? Use !sounds to disable them!

Don't enjoy tf2? I don't have a solution for that. :(

Offline Phantomazing (Duck)

• The Guy who Used to Micspam Duck Noises
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 04:38:42 pm »
I'm looking at this more awake and more alert. And I realized...

What the fcku was I thinking.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 04:46:08 pm by Phantomazing (Duck) »

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 09:34:24 pm »
The only only reason I vote for the top map
is because I want to go to that map more than the other maps.
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

Offline Cube

• OMG U PLAY FF U FAG
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 10:05:35 pm »
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:09:35 pm by Cube »

Offline Doorbell•ʸᵃʸ

• no u
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 05:22:59 pm »