Yes
3 (23.1%)
No
6 (46.2%)
What's a bind
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: September 08, 2013, 04:13:10 pm

Author Topic: Should we ban binds??!  (Read 9170 times)

Offline Propane

Re: Should we ban binds??!
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2013, 06:29:04 pm »
he spammed plz ban

Offline Sakuya

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 06:42:03 pm »
RIP in piss me

Offline Baysick

• Ɛ: ʇolɐ ɹp ʎɐld puɐ ʎuoɹq ɐ ɯ,I
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 11:19:33 pm »
I vote no to losing our ability to key binding. Why? Well to defend my statement I would like to say that I do not wish to lose an ability we can all use just because of the few that are taking advantage of it. People use binds for trading such as binding a key to say ">Selling bills hat"(binds used for trading purposes). Another thing is that we can also notify an admin of a chat spammer and they will take care of it or just post it in the forums. It is in other words, its easy to control.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 11:23:11 pm by Baysick »
$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3

Offline Windy

• Full Admin
  • HOT DOG!
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 11:28:35 pm »
I vote no to losing our ability to key binding. Why? Well to defend my statement I would like to say that I do not wish to lose an ability we can all use just because of the few that are taking advantage of it. People use binds for trading such as binding a key to say ">Selling bills hat"(binds used for trading purposes). Another thing is that we can also notify an admin of a chat spammer and they will take care of it or just post it in the forums. It is in other words, its easy to control.

I think the topic's name was supposed to be a joke; if we banned binds, (which we can't) then how do you play tf2? Pressing w to go forwards is the same as "bind w +forward". That's a bind, right? The issue is more toward players that choose to spam chat. It is implied that they use binds to spam chat, because its easier than opening up the chat window and pasting whatever sentence you want to say over and over again.
If you're going to report someone, make sure to follow these steps!
  • Record a demo.
  • Get the person's steamid.
  • Add an Admin and annoy him/her about it.
  • Click your heels and yell out "Ding Dong Bannu!"This probably won't work, though.
Don't like a map? Use the !maprate command to give it a bad rating, and then maybe Voided will take it off the rotation. Maybe.

Dislike saysounds? Use !sounds to disable them!

Don't enjoy tf2? I don't have a solution for that. :(

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2013, 11:58:10 pm »
so if this wa real and binds where banned how would teh servers run at all and how would the servers get people

Offline Baysick

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2013, 12:35:06 am »
I think the topic's name was supposed to be a joke; if we banned binds, (which we can't) then how do you play tf2? Pressing w to go forwards is the same as "bind w +forward". That's a bind, right? The issue is more toward players that choose to spam chat. It is implied that they use binds to spam chat, because its easier than opening up the chat window and pasting whatever sentence you want to say over and over again.

I was with the joke but that was pretty convincing right? Here is me actually stating that this next thing is a joke. "This is a joke".

^If you don't know what unbindall is then don't do it please. Again THIS IS A JOKE.

so if this wa real and binds where banned how would teh servers run at all and how would the servers get people

Umm, never tried running my private server under no binds but the Saxton Hell servers would still run. People would be able to play but they would have to enter every single command they need to play the game through the console. Some things are automatic like +right makes you spin continuosly as where     -right stops you from spinning right. That is why binds are significantly swifter at helping players make commands to move and attack or even speak in the chat. Also yes, players can still join (and even play) the server even if there are no binds.

Now for a general response I would like to revise it because it is true and serious- We can also notify an admin of a chat spammer and they will take care of it or just post it in the forums. It is in other words, its easy to control.

P.S.- There are many binds I may not know about but one thing I do know is how they work. Sorry for the inconvenience. Besides why didn't you respond to this comment Windy? Also is record dicks actually a real command? (<-Yes that's a joke to)

Yeah, I agree with Waffle, there's no need to disable binds. An admin can handle the spammers
$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3

Offline Baysick

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 12:39:15 am »
Another note- Yes you can block binds. There are plug-ins for that I believe.

In D.R. the hale cannot kill himself by typing "kill" in the console and a kill bind won't even work. (same goes for explode and retry won't help it)
$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2013, 12:45:55 am »
Another note- Yes you can block binds. There are plug-ins for that I believe.

In D.R. the hale cannot kill himself by typing "kill" in the console and a kill bind won't even work. (same goes for explode and retry won't help it)

That's a block on the "kill" command, not on a bind.

Binds are entirely clientside.

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2013, 10:56:49 am »
i seen a plugin that everytime u do ur kill bind it denines it and wont happen

Offline Turkle

• Full Admin
  • Video games suck
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2013, 12:40:43 pm »
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED