Author Topic: Spectator  (Read 9669 times)

Offline Shooter`

Spectator
« on: February 07, 2013, 09:45:55 pm »
Why is it admin only? The !speclist plugin should help with issues with ghosting from spectator. Else, you could just change it to how it was before where you couldn't join it from the team solection screen but only with a keybind.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Spectator
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 10:45:28 pm »
The speclist plugin doesn't prevent ghosting, though. There isn't much reason to allow spectating for regular players. If you can think of one, I'll consider it.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 11:28:41 pm »
The speclist plugin doesn't prevent ghosting, though. There isn't much reason to allow spectating for regular players. If you can think of one, I'll consider it.

If I want to go afk for a few minutes I have to rejoin the server and not pick a team instead of hitting I.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 02:50:06 am »
It's not that huge a deal to be honest. The only thing that is a disadvantage of not going into spectate is that you then don't lose points as I know you're quite attached to those (as you said in a different thread, apologies for no quote I can't find the right thread on my 3 hours sleep)
The simply alternative is leaving the server but popping into spectate for a minute; is it really necessary?
I've been afk a few times and never booted into 'motd' worthy territory.

Offline Le Joshyboy

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 07:19:46 am »
I Have to agree on shooter with this..

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 11:15:53 am »
Mostly preventing ghosting, though at this point I know we have enough people in skype chats etc who are already ghosting. Maybe its pointless and should be opened anyhow, I honestly don't know.

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 11:40:09 pm »
If spectator is allowed non admin only, a person can easily be on blue, go spectate, look at red props, and go back to blue.

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 07:28:37 am »
If spectator is allowed non admin only, a person can easily be on blue, go spectate, look at red props, and go back to blue.
People who switch teams see that too. Although it doesn't really help unless you're a n00b who doesn't know what props are on the map.
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline Max

• Donator
  • #swag 2pro4u!1!1!one
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 05:21:39 pm »
Going to agree with this one too. Spectator won't harm anyone, and if someone is ghosting on spec it must be pretty obvious. Make ghosting a harsh-enough ban, to make the people ghosting not do it again next time. Try votekick perhaps, maybe a vote per 5 minutes for everyone. Nothing to make the server have too much power over everything.

Offline Killingyouguy!!

• AKA: Master Shake
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 07:36:45 pm »
If the issue is ghosting why not just force spectators to spectate certain parts of the map? I don't see ghosting as big enough an issue to get rid of spectate. The switching to save or gain points is far bigger. Perhaps placing restrictions on when people can switch to spectate would help. If someone on red team wanted to go to spec they type in some command and then at the end of the round (after points are given/taken) they go straight to spectate.  But maybe that's more trouble than it's worth.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 07:57:57 pm »
Honestly I just don't understand the purpose of needing to join the spectator team at all. Can someone enlighten me?

If I want to go afk for a few minutes I have to rejoin the server and not pick a team instead of hitting I.

If you want to go afk, I'd recommend you leave the server instead to open the slot for other players.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 08:34:24 pm »
If you want to go afk, I'd recommend you leave the server instead to open the slot for other players.

How is me going AFK for a map or two any different from an admin going AFK for a map or six?

Offline Killingyouguy!!

• AKA: Master Shake
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 08:54:18 pm »
The purpose is so that people can go to the bathroom or get some food quickly etc. I understand that AFkers might take up room in spectate, but I havent seen that be much of a problem. Perhaps some sort of spectate timer that kicks people if they are spectating for a whole map, or something similar,  could fix that. Obviously, if someone is planing on going afk for some large amount of time then they should leave, but I don't see that happening too often. I just feel that eliminating spectator solves fewer problems than it creates.

Also, nothing is stopping people from just joining a team and being AFK. Or joining the server and sitting in the "beginning spectator mode" and being afk.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 08:56:26 pm »
How is me going AFK for a map or two any different from an admin going AFK for a map or six?

Admins shouldn't be going AFK, either. :S

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 07:15:56 am »
Or people just want spectator open so they can stay on one team easily.

For example, you're on blue and the round is about to end. Blu has 11 and Red has 12.
You want to be on blue again, so before the round ends you go to spectate.
The game then sees 10 on 12 and auto balances teams to 11 on 11.
This frees up a spot on blue so you can switch back to it from spectate and hunt again.