Author Topic: What procs the hack kicker?  (Read 7040 times)

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
What procs the hack kicker?
« on: June 11, 2013, 12:28:06 pm »
I'm curious because a friend of mine joined one of the saxton hale servers and played soldier, and midway through his hale round he got randomly kicked because he was "hacking."

Offline WhiteLightning

Re: What procs the hack kicker?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 12:34:11 pm »
It was an automatic ban. There was something on your friend's client that is not allowed and is viewed as hacking by the server, whether or not it actually is a hack.

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
  • Friendly Neighborhood Judo Master
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 02:06:35 am »
Looks like Honey has already protested the ban and was unbanned. I wonder what caused the ban in the first place?

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 07:23:54 am »
I'm curious because a friend of mine joined one of the saxton hale servers and played soldier, and midway through his hale round he got randomly kicked because he was "hacking."

Our anticheat system uses various heuristics and some definitive detection methods to catch hackers. If they get automatically banned, there's a good chance they were cheating with a low probability of being a false positive.

Looks like Honey has already protested the ban and was unbanned. I wonder what caused the ban in the first place?

Generally we keep protests confidential between the protester and our admins, but you could always try to ask him directly.

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
  • Friendly Neighborhood Judo Master
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 06:22:23 pm »
Generally we keep protests confidential between the protester and our admins, but you could always try to ask him directly.
I think you already answered my question, most likely this was a false positive. I don't see much point in digging any deeper when it's not my business anyway.