Author Topic: Depression and Anxiety issues. (srs discussion, beware!)  (Read 5317 times)

Offline Lester Roquefort

• Belive it or not, I have Social Anxiety disorder.
Depression and Anxiety issues. (srs discussion, beware!)
« on: April 08, 2015, 01:49:07 pm »
(this is also an attempt to liven the forums up)

I've noticed recently that people have a lot of "issues" lately and that most of our players have quite the "backstory". Should we be helping them? Or should we just ignore them?

I would actually vote to help these people, because frankly, like myself, all they can do to get by is play on TF2 Deathrun or Trade servers. I would even go so far to have a list or something, so we don't end up having a hand in suicides or something...

I'd also like to note that telling these people to "smarten up" or something doesn't help, it's not that easy.

Offline LEON35

• Eat shit :D
Re: Depression and Anxiety issues. (srs discussion, beware!)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 03:24:18 pm »
(this is also an attempt to liven the forums up)

I've noticed recently that people have a lot of "issues" lately and that most of our players have quite the "backstory". Should we be helping them? Or should we just ignore them?

I would actually vote to help these people, because frankly, like myself, all they can do to get by is play on TF2 Deathrun or Trade servers. I would even go so far to have a list or something, so we don't end up having a hand in suicides or something...

I'd also like to note that telling these people to "smarten up" or something doesn't help, it's not that easy.

Offline Riftflare

• Go Team Magma!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 04:20:42 pm »
Dear god anyone who dares use a meme here should be demolished... and put in our shoes.

On a more serious note, isn't it a bit ironic I have a somewhat-daily counseling session with two "patients"?

Offline Fullmetal Soul

• none required
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 04:59:51 pm »
Dear god anyone who dares use a meme here should be demolished... and put in our shoes.

On a more serious note, isn't it a bit ironic I have a somewhat-daily counseling session with two "patients"?

says the  Deathrun #1 server flamer

Offline LEON35

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 07:22:31 pm »

Isn't it a bit ironic that theres a topic about psychological issues on a game group's forums?

Offline Fullmetal Soul

• none required
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 08:54:13 pm »
I have a problem
My name is Discharge. I am the last existance of the Mekanos. My family was wiped out by King Sombra. My city no longer exist. I am on my own. I conjure lightning, but not from nature, but from the source of one's powered current. I do hurt others from my ability, I barely cast magic, but I do use my electricity powers to start up machineries, and animate metallic objects into an infantry, like a posessed controllable puppet.

Help pls

Offline LEON35

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 09:51:16 pm »
I have a problem
My name is Discharge. I am the last existance of the Mekanos. My family was wiped out by King Sombra. My city no longer exist. I am on my own. I conjure lightning, but not from nature, but from the source of one's powered current. I do hurt others from my ability, I barely cast magic, but I do use my electricity powers to start up machineries, and animate metallic objects into an infantry, like a posessed controllable puppet.

Help pls

Now thats a person that needs help

Offline Lester Roquefort

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 12:28:43 am »
Should've seen this coming... I'll wait and sift through the memes.

Though, deciphering them, they seem to be saying. "Stop being so serious and emo-y, it's a bloody game."

Yes, it's a game and we can't help it. That's all i'll say in this regard.

Offline Fullmetal Soul

• none required
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 05:42:10 pm »
Should've seen this coming... I'll wait and sift through the memes.

Though, deciphering them, they seem to be saying. "Stop being so serious and emo-y, it's a bloody game."

Yes, it's a game and we can't help it. That's all i'll say in this regard.

To be honest and sticking with the thread's purpose, I don't understand the purpose of it. We don't even know who these people you say have a "backstory" or hell if they are even saying the truth. I understand your intentions and all but I don't get it.

Offline Lester Roquefort

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 06:40:20 pm »
Can you really afford to risk it?

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 06:47:37 pm »
if you believe someone is depressed then help them
you don't need to rile up a bunch of forumers to do this

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 10:22:29 am »
Crab is actually  right, we don't need a forum people to help someone just go help them in a pm or something