Author Topic: zf_lab glitch  (Read 4747 times)

Offline Safety

zf_lab glitch
« on: September 03, 2013, 06:39:14 pm »
Hello :D My name is Safety Thailand player and Brony

Today let's talk a glitch in a zf_labs all ver. beta map and re-make map have a one glitch in a cap point 2 is elevator

how i found it..? so.. i rocket jump soldier to a top i was my rocket jump go fast! but...i fell something i fell like hit some box of a maps... and i was hit it elevator was KA-BOOM! all player say: "WTF?!" "how the elevator.." so... that time i was test and find out what is it... ((5 Min Later)) i find a hitbox in TF2 Wiki to know a model now...i join a server and i join a zombie team i use a Leap (Scout) i go in a air and use a combo cleaver i very like it! and... i got idea! if i Leap in a Elevator and Eat BONK! and use leap to a next level! i evil laugh next round i wait a cap point 2 cap done! now i eat a BONK! go in to a elevator...now red team try kill me i press a leap and look top of elevator! and i hit it! a box! all red team was DEAD!! i have no idea what i done! i so very evil laugh now...if zf_labs maps is my Nightmare start!!

that it is a my sotry how i found!

here a pic how is work

Sorry Bad Art -___-"

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
Re: zf_lab glitch
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 10:25:02 pm »
so basically if a blue team crosses that line in the elevator then red team all dies :/
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

Offline Safety

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 10:44:09 pm »
so basically if a blue team crosses that line in the elevator then red team all dies :/
Yes :/

Offline Baysick

• Ɛ: ʇolɐ ɹp ʎɐld puɐ ʎuoɹq ɐ ɯ,I
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 10:45:44 pm »
Hello fellow brony! Welcome to the forums :D
$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 04:14:47 pm »
Alright I've tried this on Lab and Lab_remake, neither work and there's an invisible barrier than prevents you from climbing the elevator early.
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 04:50:04 pm »
How would zombies be able to get into the elevator shaft in order to trigger the explosion? I'm always teleported back to the vents as a zombie.

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 05:15:21 pm »
How would zombies be able to get into the elevator shaft in order to trigger the explosion? I'm always teleported back to the vents as a zombie.
When the door opens for the survivors to get in when they cap the 2nd CP, or did you do that and teleport to the vents, when I tried it I just hit an invisible ceiling like any other.
On Hiatus

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 06:38:41 pm »
When the door opens for the survivors to get in when they cap the 2nd CP, or did you do that and teleport to the vents, when I tried it I just hit an invisible ceiling like any other.

Well, I'd have to say that I'm not sure what "early" means in this content:
Alright I've tried this on Lab and Lab_remake, neither work and there's an invisible barrier than prevents you from climbing the elevator early.

Zombies aren't able to enter the elevator shaft before the second point is captured. Once red team captures that the door opens up for anyone to use, including zombies.

I think this is the issue here, once the door is open any player can either rocket/sticky jump or a zombie can leap up the shaft and that will kill everyone below.

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 09:39:59 pm »
I think this is the issue here, once the door is open any player can either rocket/sticky jump or a zombie can leap up the shaft and that will kill everyone below.
That's what I've tested, there are invisible ceilings that keep you from getting to the next level before the elevator is finished moving.  The explosion that kills players never happened until the elevator passed the first ceiling.
On Hiatus

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 09:47:42 pm »
That's what I've tested, there are invisible ceilings that keep you from getting to the next level before the elevator is finished moving.  The explosion that kills players never happened until the elevator passed the first ceiling.

Odd, I was able to rocket jump up there as a red player in my test server. Did you test this locally on your own listen server or on ZH?

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 10:09:21 pm »
Odd, I was able to rocket jump up there as a red player in my test server. Did you test this locally on your own listen server or on ZH?
I've only tried these things on the Zombie Hell server.
On Hiatus