Author Topic: Deathrun Ranks  (Read 8826 times)

Offline I Like Trains...

• Squee
Deathrun Ranks
« on: June 23, 2013, 05:20:17 pm »
I have an idea for rankings in the Deathrun servers. It would be very similar to the Prophunt ranking system; Hale would get a certain amount of points for killing people, and all the others would get survival points. Whoever wins gets more points and whoever loses gets points taken away. I've gotten this idea out to other people and most of them think it's a great idea.

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
  • Friendly Neighborhood Judo Master
Re: Deathrun Ranks
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 05:56:24 pm »
One of those other people being me. We already have ranking for Dodge Ball and Prop Hunt, so why not make a ranking system for Deathrun?

It might take awhile for it to get implemented as we are still waiting for VSH stats and Jump stats, but it could at least be put on the to do list.

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 06:07:39 pm »
I understand that stats are harmless, but stats in deathrun sound redundant as fuck. If someone were to say "Oh, well I'm good at deathrun because I have x-thousand points" that holds no meaning because deathrun does not require skill in the first place.
Of course, I don't care if this gets put in, but there are better things to do instead of this.

Offline I Like Trains...

• Squee
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 06:17:23 pm »
It might not seem like a waste of time for the people who DO care about rankings and skill.

Offline crab

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 06:22:20 pm »
If someone really wants prestige and skill, deathrun is not a good place to start. I don't say this out of opinion - what skill is required in deathrun? It's literally all luck, plus or minus basic platforming. When you try to juke traps, you're hoping hale will hit the button at the wrong time -- at doors, you're hoping that the door of your choice is correct -- at sacrifice doors (there's only one though, I think, and that's in trollrun) you're hoping that the door will be a fake. There's no skill in any of this. Real skill is obtained through playing on actual public games and competitive matches.
There is no way to argue that there is skill in deathrun, honestly, and a ranking system can wait.

Offline I Like Trains...

• Squee
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 06:32:16 pm »
What you, I, and everyone else call "skill" are very different, so what you are saying would be very controversial. I can wait for it because I'm patient, but I, along with a lot of other people, wouldn't be happy if it didn't get here at all.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 07:20:24 pm »
inb4 we don't make this

Offline Viper

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 07:29:55 pm »
In this context, skill isn't a matter of opinion. Either way, this is a terrible idea and only proves how lucky some players are.
ΒΌ of my heart remains.

Offline crab

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 07:36:16 pm »
What you, I, and everyone else call "skill" are very different, so what you are saying would be very controversial
Shed some light onto me and explain to me how deathrun requires skill

Offline I Like Trains...

• Squee
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 07:43:14 pm »
Technically, faking out the hail with the traps is considered luck, but some people are smart enough to know how to, and if they practically know how different people usually fall for certain things, it would be considered skill in other's perspectives if they are able to fake them out. There's also the factors of not getting pushed off, bhopping, a small amount of parkour, etc.

Offline Nick of NES.CO

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 07:44:57 pm »
This is idea is of the highest of titties

Offline crab

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2013, 07:50:40 pm »
Technically, faking out the hail with the traps is considered luck, but some people are smart enough to know how to, and if they practically know how different people usually fall for certain things, it would be considered skill in other's perspectives if they are able to fake them out. There's also the factors of not getting pushed off, bhopping, a small amount of parkour, etc.
Not getting pushed off doesn't require skill lmfao, you're literally just not falling off which anyone without mental retardation can do as long as they aren't taunting
bhopping is just spamming spacebar, i beat the crashbandicoot bhop challenge without actually bhopping before
i don't recall parkour from any map unless if by parkour you mean basic platforming which I'm sure anyone could do
and you just said faking out the hale with traps is luck so you just rendered your argument null

This is idea is of the highest of titties

what is this

Offline Nick of NES.CO

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2013, 07:51:59 pm »
this is SPARTA

Offline I Like Trains...

• Squee
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2013, 07:55:26 pm »
Psh...you're not on much anymore anyway crab, so you wouldn't know how many trolls we have on there lately. And Nick, calm down, this is the forums. :p

Offline crab

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 08:00:19 pm »
Psh...you're not on much anymore anyway crab, so you wouldn't know how many trolls we have on there lately.
I've been on quite a bit, I join the servers with the least annoying crowd.