Author Topic: Remove voting  (Read 17036 times)

Offline Bubby

• Hey, I thought this was personal!
Re: Remove voting
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2013, 07:45:07 am »
Huh, I thought I had commented on this... anyways, yes, randomize the maps. It's always the same few maps (Namely Trollrun, which I don't really like, because of the 1st door where someone has to sacrifice, and it takes forever for someone to go. Everyone chooses it because it has troll in its name.) I'm always wanting to go to try some of the newer maps, since I don't come on as much anymore because the same maps are always played.
I can't sign on my computer, are you crazy?

Offline Mah Brand

• But now who's gonna dance with me
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2013, 11:16:34 pm »
I actually have a legitimate solution to this. In my old FF2 server we got tired of the constant 1 spam, than a admin came up with a bright idea, remove voting 1, 2, 3. A example would be this Mario has been nominated first, Horrors second, Cliffside third, and Hereafter fourth. Usually this would mean 1=Mario, 2=Horrors, 3=Cliffside,4=Hereafter, now that options 1, 2, and 3 have been taken off everyone is left with 4=Mario, 5=Horrors,6=Cliffside,7=Hereafter. The problems with this are as follows, 1. Less Maps to choose from, although I feel this might actually relieve 1 spam, 2. What if people view option number 4 as option number 1, We never had a problem with this in my old server, but it is still a possibility, 3. What if people got to picky, a example being Mario is not widely viewed with benevolence, what if people started to only vote for good maps (by ratings) and not bad map (again, by ratings) all we would play is office, hereafter, winterhill, and trollrun, everything would soon become stale. Well it worked out in my old server so if it was implemented here I would love to see how it turns out.
 8) :o >:( ;D :D ;) :) :-* :'( :-\ :-X

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 01:54:53 pm »
one server just has it as that you dont chose the map at all

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2013, 02:57:00 pm »
one server just has it as that you dont chose the map at all
The problem with that is people like to vote. If you can't allow them to vote, they won't like the server. I would know this since I used to be on a server that did that and it didn't get much appeal compared to when they did allow voting.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 11:25:08 pm by Punishment_Fatal »

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline Nurse Pinkamena

• Such pony much wow
voting suggestions
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2013, 09:14:05 pm »
1. remove the prompt that tells you how many people voted for the map
ex.         dr_dlux (10)
              dr_mario_b3 (5)   remove that
2. assign different keys to  vote with instead of 1,2,3
3. Have a second vote after the first take like the 3 most voted for maps, and switch the order of the maps from the first vote

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
Re: voting suggestions
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2013, 11:03:53 pm »
ex.         dr_dlux (10)
3. Have a second vote after the first take like the 3 most voted for maps, and switch the order of the maps from the first vote               

1. Why exactly does it need to be removed? I haven't found any problems with it.

2. I'm undecided on this.

3. It takes about 30 seconds to vote on a map. Calling a 2nd vote isn't necessary imo.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline Bubby

• Hey, I thought this was personal!
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2013, 07:01:14 am »
ex.         dr_dlux (10)

1. You can go in the console and see who voted what anyways.

2. I agree, people usually hit 1 to make the menu go away.

3. I don't think this is necessary if you do #2.
I can't sign on my computer, are you crazy?

Offline Nurse Pinkamena

• Such pony much wow
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2013, 07:59:27 am »
1. You can go in the console and see who voted what anyways.
1. Why exactly does it need to be removed? I haven't found any problems with it.
1. Who actually knows how to look at that in console only people that i know how to do that are me and a few other people.

2.Gives somewhat of a sense you don't know which map is going to be voted for and if you dont 1 spam you do not have to go with the popular vote, also when there are those votes where its 10-9 people dont change on purpose to get a map voted for cause they can see how many people voted for what.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2013, 11:23:43 pm »
2.Gives somewhat of a sense you don't know which map is going to be voted for and if you dont 1 spam you do not have to go with the popular vote, also when there are those votes where its 10-9 people dont change on purpose to get a map voted for cause they can see how many people voted for what.
As mentioned before by Bubby, people can see the votes in console so that won't change it much. Another thing, most don't go by "popular vote", but instead blindly vote 1 or follow what people say by saying VOTE (number). This has been more proven to work for people with mics, but this was just on Trading Hell so I don't know about the other servers.

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
  • Friendly Neighborhood Judo Master
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2013, 11:30:30 pm »
As mentioned before by Bubby, people can see the votes in console so that won't change it much. Another thing, most don't go by "popular vote", but instead blindly vote 1 or follow what people say by saying VOTE (number). This has been more proven to work for people with mics, but this was just on Trading Hell so I don't know about the other servers.
It works on every server, not just Trade Hell. Which is why we are having this discussion...

Offline Nurse Pinkamena

• Such pony much wow
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2013, 08:00:14 am »
Who actually looks in the console though really?

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
  • Friendly Neighborhood Judo Master
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2013, 07:34:19 pm »
Who actually looks in the console though really?
Me. I just don't call people out when they say they voted for something, but actually voted for something else.