Author Topic: Constant Crashing  (Read 6405 times)

Offline FalseOasis

Constant Crashing
« on: August 06, 2013, 01:57:24 am »
I have been experiencing a state of gameplay where I can't play for more than about 10-15 minutes before I suffer from a crash. I have gone on other servers and confirmed it was ONLY Hell, and a few people have also spoken to me about this, also experienced exclusively on Hell servers.

That being said, I believe that the issue in question is the new plugin that removes godmode when you approach a spawn. The crashes started right about the time that the plugin went into effect (for myself, don't know about anyone else). Perhaps someone should look into it?

Also, does the plugin deliberately remove your godmode at random places throughout a map even though you're nowhere near a spawn? (see: pkmn_goldenrodcity/trade_office/[The map with all the homestuck portrait cubes])

Edit: Now that I think about it, I didn't experience any crashing on Dodgeball Hell. Odd.
Edit 2: Scratch that people, just crashed out of DB.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 02:11:49 am by FalseOasis »

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
Re: Constant Crashing
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 03:34:27 am »
I'd assume it'd just be faulty programming because it's a "new plugin" but I don't know how removing godmode can cause a crash.
Are you running in dx8, by chance?

Offline FalseOasis

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 04:47:23 am »
I am not, I am running in full DX9 currently.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 05:24:13 am »
Are you still having crashes as of around 30 minutes ago?

Offline FalseOasis

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 05:30:22 am »
I, personally, have not had any issues within the last 30 minutes, but one of the patrons of Trade Hell just crashed out, and I think it may have been one of the crashes in question (It gave no error upon sending the victim to desktop). I'll post again, should he continue to experience issues.

Edit: There are still random pockets of non-godmode areas in certian maps that occur oddly placed (Away from spawns)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 05:32:30 am by FalseOasis »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 05:35:40 am »
Edit: There are still random pockets of non-godmode areas in certian maps that occur oddly placed (Away from spawns)

This is unrelated to the crashing issue, but I'll look into it. The godmode plugin disables when moving near areas with resupply zones, and some maps may have these placed in odd locations.

Please let me know if the client crashes have been solved.

Offline FalseOasis

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 05:45:34 am »
This is unrelated to the crashing issue, but I'll look into it. The godmode plugin disables when moving near areas with resupply zones, and some maps may have these placed in odd locations.

Please let me know if the client crashes have been solved.

It looks clear for myself so far, and nobody else has crashed out as far as I can tell.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 05:59:31 am »
It looks clear for myself so far, and nobody else has crashed out as far as I can tell.

Good to hear. Would you happen to be running TF2 on OSX?

Offline FalseOasis

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 06:00:37 am »
Nope. XP.