Author Topic: Machina Buff  (Read 11245 times)

Offline h_twenty

• The Demopan is only OP when I play him.
Machina Buff
« on: July 24, 2013, 10:06:01 pm »
Possible ideas for the machina:
Adds a glow to hale for half of the time that the default sniper does
(^And retains it's 15% damage buff)
Or
Still doesn't add a glow (nothing new here)
25%-35% damage buff
Only 15 bullets
Or
Adds an outline to hale
35% damage buff
Cannot receive ammo from dispensers
Move 75% slower during scope-in
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 06:39:17 pm by h_twenty »
Joined during 2011.
I'm h_twenty, and I approve this messege.

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
Re: Machina Buff
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 10:22:34 pm »
20 bullets and 25% damage bonus

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 07:16:10 am »
999 ammo
no scoping
damage reduced by 90%
fire rate increased by 800%
no knockback

LAZORZ
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

• Venus Power
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 07:48:35 am »
infite rounds -80% movement speed
100% damage bonus
-20% charge speed

Offline iR| Doctor Scootaloo

• I need to go out more.
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 08:16:02 am »
For the first suggestion, I like the first idea because it's not changing the Machina much. The change is only a glow effect. As if the Machina's +15% more damage bonus is OP, it's not. You only get it when you're 100% charged up, so it's basically a Sniper Rifle with a +15% bonus at 100% charge. K? K. Adding glow is not game breaking.

For the second suggestion, not giving the Machina any glow (much like it does atm) and giving it a damage boost seems considerable since this sniper is meant for tons of damage. It is not meant for super accurate Snipers because the -10 bullets held is a huge drawback in how much dmg you can deliver before jumping down off a ledge you climbed up with a Bushwacka. I will do the math and post y'all link. I wouldn't say it'd be game breaking, but I guess it's a bit of a nerf in a sense you deal less dmg with 10 less bullets. I don't know. We're not all 100% accurate snipers. Link >>>https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55914318/machinasuggestion%232.png

For the third suggestion, you went from 25-35% boost to a flat 35% boost AND outline. The previous idea ^ is inferiour to this one. You get a full outline (the whole whatever the heck long mark with the Sniper Rifle glow) of Hale, and not the 50%. Moving slower scoped in is nothing bad at all since you'll be camping in a ledge because of Bushwacka. Even if some people rely on WASD, they will get used to the slow debuff because you're dealing 35% more damage than the SR, really. You DO NOT get a -10 bullet held thingy, but instead you can only get ammo from ammo packs. Considering some maps prefer small ammo packs or max ammo packs, I don't see a problem. You're a Sniper, Hale won't notice you with that tracer. Just go get ammo and back. I see this suggestion as game breaking, really.

Out of all three suggestions, I like the third one and first suggestion. The third suggestion is game breaking and adds a new playstyle for Machina Snipers on VSH while the first suggestion is just a tiny "scouting" buff for the Machina. I was tired when I typed this, so please give feedback and opinions. I want to see the flaws of my genius work.

EDIT: Remember, all theoretical, so protect the children NSFW.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 08:23:05 am by iR| Doctor Scootaloo »

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 08:29:58 am »
>>>https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55914318/machinasuggestion%232.png
Of course if both have a steady flow of ammo on hand the machina will beat it out entirely.  Such a damage boost would purely be an increase in overall Damage Per Second, at least until the ammo runs dry and the dps falls down a cliff.

Also normally I would use my Sydney Sleeper for Hale, but I hit the hale a lot more when they glow, which may translate to less lost damage through missing or leading out from behind a wall.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 08:32:02 am by Lunacy »
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

• Venus Power
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 08:31:06 am »
For the first suggestion, I like the first idea because it's not changing the Machina much. The change is only a glow effect. As if the Machina's +15% more damage bonus is OP, it's not. You only get it when you're 100% charged up, so it's basically a Sniper Rifle with a +15% bonus at 100% charge. K? K. Adding glow is not game breaking.

For the second suggestion, not giving the Machina any glow (much like it does atm) and giving it a damage boost seems considerable since this sniper is meant for tons of damage. It is not meant for super accurate Snipers because the -10 bullets held is a huge drawback in how much dmg you can deliver before jumping down off a ledge you climbed up with a Bushwacka. I will do the math and post y'all link. I wouldn't say it'd be game breaking, but I guess it's a bit of a nerf in a sense you deal less dmg with 10 less bullets. I don't know. We're not all 100% accurate snipers. Link >>>https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55914318/machinasuggestion%232.png

For the third suggestion, you went from 25-35% boost to a flat 35% boost AND outline. The previous idea ^ is inferiour to this one. You get a full outline (the whole whatever the heck long mark with the Sniper Rifle glow) of Hale, and not the 50%. Moving slower scoped in is nothing bad at all since you'll be camping in a ledge because of Bushwacka. Even if some people rely on WASD, they will get used to the slow debuff because you're dealing 35% more damage than the SR, really. You DO NOT get a -10 bullet held thingy, but instead you can only get ammo from ammo packs. Considering some maps prefer small ammo packs or max ammo packs, I don't see a problem. You're a Sniper, Hale won't notice you with that tracer. Just go get ammo and back. I see this suggestion as game breaking, really.

Out of all three suggestions, I like the third one and first suggestion. The third suggestion is game breaking and adds a new playstyle for Machina Snipers on VSH while the first suggestion is just a tiny "scouting" buff for the Machina. I was tired when I typed this, so please give feedback and opinions. I want to see the flaws of my genius work.

EDIT: Remember, all theoretical, so protect the children NSFW.
if the glow effect was added the machina would be hte most overused weapon besides when the head thing on bargin was just gained by a missed shot and doesnt lose

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 08:33:09 am »
besides when the head thing on bargin was just gained by a missed shot and doesnt lose

loved Loved LOVED when the bazaar bargain was broke and gave a head regardless of hitting or not it was so OP and quickly nerfed xD
so many rounds I topped with that, getting 450 shots every second
On Hiatus

• Venus Power
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 08:34:18 am »
me spanish i dont like op shit i use cheap things like loose cannon demo

• Venus Power
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 08:39:29 am »
looks like i win the round so yeah it would just be op and shit to have it with glow effect just have it with more damage but no glow effect since hale would trace ur rounds to u and who doesnt want to be found when playing as a sniper

• I need to go out more.
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 08:47:38 am »
The 2nd suggestion seems nice after some feedback, lol. Glow would be OP with the boost.

EDIT: Well... not OP OP. It would just make Hale easier hitting with the extra damage from the Machina.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 08:51:48 am by iR| Doctor Scootaloo »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 08:51:47 am »
Why does the machina need a buff? It already has a damage boost over the other snipers and can fired when unscoped.

• I need to go out more.
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 08:52:25 am »
Because you ruined the Hitman's Heatmaker, so ruin this sniper too, Voidy.

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2013, 08:52:51 am »
I like the 2nd as well.  It'll ramp up the overtime dps at the cost of requiring a nearby source of ammo.

But what I still don't like is the Hitman's Heatmaker, you spam that and you just don't get any worthwhile damage.  Even if you aimbot with it, you aren't going to do nearly as well as any other sniper rifle aiming at the boss.
On Hiatus

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2013, 08:54:42 am »
LAZORZ
http://youtu.be/NYjLAhpb5TY?t=46s

Lol I just kind of want to see this even just for 1 day.
MACHINA SNIPER RUSH
record it
lulz
On Hiatus