Author Topic: The Last One Alive Suggestion  (Read 7803 times)

Offline SharpshooterEd

The Last One Alive Suggestion
« on: July 16, 2013, 01:51:01 pm »
Hello guys so i have been playing Vs Saxton Hell for a while now and some of the players and myself have noticed that usually the last person alive is usually a scout. Most of the time the scout would just run around and shoot from a distance while hale would sometimes have a hard time keeping up with the scout. So my suggestion would be if you are a scout and you are the last one alive then you should be forced to use melee but gives out huge damage so the other spectating players could have more playtime. Thank you for reading this long post lol and let me know how you guys feel about this suggestion. Have a nice day :)

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
Re: The Last One Alive Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 02:59:44 pm »
i think a beter optin wud b 2 sleay DA last gguy aliv s0 we ccan hav moreeeeeee playtime :D

But this seems like it would be pretty annoying for scouts that actually know how to play the game. I'd imagine there'd be a rant from one because they had to get their weapons stripped for no real good reason.

Infact, the idea of having weapons stripped to melee sounds like a random idea altogether.

Offline SharpshooterEd

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 03:23:19 pm »
Yeah i can see an other players getting mad because of it but it would speed things up. Imagine the scout having to go up to hale and fighting him one on one with a melee and it would be hales range of melee. I think the eyelander has the largest melee range so that can be used to give the scout more of a chance to fight.

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 03:33:23 pm »
If you wanted things to speed up, hale can rage the scout or cap the point. You don't need to handicap a single class because some hales don't know how to chase.
If the scout should have "more of a chance to fight," have him use his guns. I've seen plenty of scouts choke in a 1v1 against hale quite quickly because of ammo/dance mistakes.

Offline SharpshooterEd

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 03:48:17 pm »
Ok i see what you mean but what about if it stripped any class not just scouts. Soldiers are another class that seems kinda of difficult to chase if they are in a map with a lot of health packs and dispensers but i understand where you are getting at. It does seem unfair to strip the scout and all but it was just a suggestion that i wanted people to know about and see how it would work.

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 10:09:58 pm »
hey if the person is just hiding why not put a beacon or highlight on them

Offline CardboardBox

• Full Admin
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 04:17:24 pm »
As annoying as they are, most hales should be smart enough and can take out a scout, here's what I figured out that always seems to work;

- Cap the point (no seriously, after ten minutes of the scout juking you, you should cap, it's there for a reason despite the server calling you out on it.)
- Rage - Stop being that snowflake that don't need no rage to kill his man.

See? No more scout. Now if that scout is hiding and never doing any damage, you might want to bring that to an admin's attention.

I'm so damn aggressive sounding with my posts....Damn.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 04:30:34 pm by CardboardBox »

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 04:33:41 pm »
- Cap the point (no seriously, after ten minutes of the scout juking you, you should cap, it's there for a reason despite the server calling you out on it.)
Now if that scout is hiding and never doing any damage...
you would just cap if he's hiding anyways.  It's a scout with 0 dmg, doesn't take skill to know when you're giving everyone more play time.
If anyone calls you noob for capping
you can tell them
"You wanna play or watch me play hide and seek?"
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

Offline CardboardBox

• Full Admin
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 05:03:43 pm »
you would just cap if he's hiding anyways.  It's a scout with 0 dmg, doesn't take skill to know when you're giving everyone more play time.
If anyone calls you noob for capping
you can tell them
"You wanna play or watch me play hide and seek?"

That's common sense, you wouldn't believe how many times people don't do that though until someone tells them they can.

• Venus Power
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 07:25:40 pm »
i seen a scout hide from hale all the time when ever hale is at the last second of capping he comes out and shoots himand fucks up so bad but really capping on some maps like vsh_top arena doesnt work at all

Offline LEON35

• Eat shit :D
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 08:19:14 pm »
As annoying as they are, most hales should be smart enough and can take out a scout, here's what I figured out that always seems to work;

- Rage - Stop being that snowflake that don't need no rage to kill his man.

See? No more scout. Now if that scout is hiding and never doing any damage, you might want to bring that to an admin's attention.

I'm so damn aggressive sounding with my posts....Damn.

Too bad half of the hales are f2p's with no profile picture that don't look at the chat lol.

• Venus Power
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 11:11:54 am »
Too bad half of the hales are f2p's with no profile picture that don't look at the chat lol.
f2p are so op leon they dont need to look at chat