Author Topic: The new TF2 update ruined Escape Plan on VSH  (Read 8206 times)

Offline iR| Doctor Scootaloo

• I need to go out more.
The new TF2 update ruined Escape Plan on VSH
« on: July 11, 2013, 02:50:31 pm »
Ok ok, hey guys. Hi, my name is Doctor Scootaloo. You all love me, k thx. Anyways, the new TF2 update introduced a few fixes, buffs and nerfs. Some of these changes entered Saxton Hell. What I noticed immediately was the stupid Escape Plan marked for death thingy that made it difficult to melee Hale with the Batallion's Backup equipped (215 HP). Hale would insta-kill me before I even get to use my banner and I've been in a huge fit lately. Voidy, please remove the marked for death debuff on the Escape Plan. Please. It is so useless on VSH and only makes Hale's life easier.

Offline Windy

• Full Admin
  • HOT DOG!
Re: The new TF2 update ruined Escape Plan on VSH
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 02:56:46 pm »
FIX IT FENNEC~!
Well, hopefully it should be fixed because "marked to death" in vsh doesn't really make sense.
If you're going to report someone, make sure to follow these steps!
  • Record a demo.
  • Get the person's steamid.
  • Add an Admin and annoy him/her about it.
  • Click your heels and yell out "Ding Dong Bannu!"This probably won't work, though.
Don't like a map? Use the !maprate command to give it a bad rating, and then maybe Voided will take it off the rotation. Maybe.

Dislike saysounds? Use !sounds to disable them!

Don't enjoy tf2? I don't have a solution for that. :(

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 03:45:58 pm »
I was under the impression that the Batallion's Backup was changed to build when dealing damage rather than receiving?

Offline Momiji

• It's the kind black men's fault
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 04:55:39 pm »
I was under the impression that the Batallion's Backup was changed to build when dealing damage rather than receiving?

Yes, it was changed to do so. But the 'marked for death' still doesn't really fit into the VSH mode anyways. It doesn't really make a big difference in regular TF2 gameplay (you only really use the Escape Plan at low health, when you'd probably get one-shot anyways)

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 05:08:25 pm »
It still seems to use the old version in randomizer, to my knowledge.  Also a lot of wrenches can't build in randomizer right now so that might need to be fixed.
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 06:13:16 pm »
the only thing loose cannon is good for is the donk minicrit but why the hell the escape plan need nerf u nerfed equialzer the hell out of now they nerf escape plan for no reason at all its little kids who bitch n say i cant catch that soldier, day of the suggestions for weapon buffs/nerfs oh lets get escape plan nerfed so u pull it out n ur marked for death( we all miss the old equilzer dont we)

• I need to go out more.
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 09:36:56 pm »
From my experience in Saxton Hell, Voidy, I was able to receive rage both by damaging Hale and receiving damage by Hale. Keep it like that ;p. But I keep my Escape Plan out just to get ready to run away. The Marked for Death is useless in VSH and hinders soldiers a bit.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 09:51:38 pm »
Well I've removed marked for death, so it should hopefully behave like it did before.

• I need to go out more.
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 10:36:15 pm »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 04:56:44 pm »
Well I've removed marked for death, so it should hopefully behave like it did before.
i literally cannot use the escape plan right now
it switches over to the damagequalizer

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 06:55:10 pm »
It should be giving an equalizer with the escape plan's speed boost.

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 08:32:42 pm »
It should be giving an equalizer with the escape plan's speed boost.
It's not doing that for me

• I need to go out more.
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 03:26:01 am »
Yo, Voidy. The new equaliser is just a shovel. There are no stats and it's broken. Fix. Fix it now. The stats, even though they are there on the weapon stats, do not come up in gameplay.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 12:49:39 am »
It shouldn't have been a shovel, but replaced with an equalizer with speed boost. I've made it actually give an escape plan with speedboost, so it should be working normally.

Unfortunately, however, I'm actually unable to remove marked for death due to some changes Valve made with how stats apply to weapons (they made it impossible to remove existing stats from weapons, only add new ones).

This will require some updates to the tf2items extension that controls item attributes, so it'll be fixed ~eventually~.