Author Topic: suggestion  (Read 7178 times)

Offline Nurse Pinkamena

• Such pony much wow
suggestion
« on: June 14, 2013, 11:17:40 pm »
Add a 7 minute timer to the whole round when the timer is up its a stalemate
Worked really well on another server i was on helped curve those really long rounds and you wouldnt have people yelling at you about caping a point.

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
Re: suggestion
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 02:05:42 pm »
The one vsh server i was on with a timelimit had people constantly ask to get it removed because it had a 95% stalemate rate.
If capping is much more of a sin than extending the round 5 minutes then that's your problem. Anyone who shittalks hales for capping are retarded and should be ignored anyways.

Offline Bubby

• Hey, I thought this was personal!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 02:48:42 pm »
The CP was enabled so that rounds wouldn't be super duper long. Just cap if the rounds are too long.
I can't sign on my computer, are you crazy?

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 09:27:14 am »
Capping is quite an unwelcome thing to do but if the round is just being dragged on then go ahead and cap it so people can play.
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

Offline iR| Doctor Scootaloo

• I need to go out more.
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 12:36:18 am »
The cap is enabled when 2 people are alive. If there is any difficulty killing the last Scouts (or whatever you have trouble with) then cap. Also, there's Rage. Please use it. There's nothing wrong with capping if you tried really hard, guys!

Offline crab

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 10:34:34 am »
The cap is enabled when 2 people are alive. If there is any difficulty killing the last Scouts (or whatever you have trouble with) then cap. Also, there's Rage. Please use it. There's nothing wrong with capping if you tried really hard, guys!
I don't understand why you're bumping old threads. If nobody has posted in a thread like this for a while, that probably means the situation is solved.

• I need to go out more.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 06:31:25 pm »
This is old? Should've seen me when I bumped older threads, not 9 day ones.

Offline crab

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 06:43:13 pm »
This is old? Should've seen me when I bumped older threads, not 9 day ones.
It's old enough to where people are through with this thread.

• I need to go out more.
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 06:52:16 pm »
The thread is still somewhat (this was made in June, and the other "fresh" threads go as early as May to early June) new and there is nothing wrong to read what I have to say.

I just realised I repeated myself.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 06:55:22 pm by iR| Doctor Scootaloo »

Offline crab

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 06:58:47 pm »
The thread is still somewhat (this was made in June, and the other "fresh" threads go as early as May to early June) new and there is nothing wrong to read what I have to say.
Your opinion is the same as the one that debunked this thread. This thread is much better off forgotten because the OP has clearly given up on it.
I can't believe you're under the idea that you must bump old threads because your opinion must absolutely be heard. That's just sad.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 07:05:33 pm by crab »

• I need to go out more.
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 07:15:04 pm »
I don't see a notification saying that any admin/mod/whoever locked this thread from any new posts. My on topic post is just a helping hand to those who stumble over the "much better forgotten" thread. I'm sorry if I sound rude with these replies, but you were uncalled for. I just wanted to show my opinion, crabs.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2013, 10:18:06 pm »
Nothing wrong with bumping old threads. In this particular case, I wouldn't even consider this thread old.

Offline crab

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 12:06:56 am »
Nothing wrong with bumping old threads.
The thing you're missing here is that this thread is clearly done with and there is no need to kick a dead horse, which just so happens to be this case.
It's not how old the thread is that matters, it's whether it serves any real purpose when it does get bumped.
Of course, if people are willing to go further than what has already been established, then there is no problem. That is clearly not happening here, therefore this thread deserves to die once again.
+ the bumper hasn't even introduced anything new, just rehasing what has been said before, so it was completely pointless to start.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 12:09:49 am by crab »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 12:25:29 am »
It's not the end of the world when someone decides to share their opinion, even if you think it doesn't contribute anything anymore.

Offline h_twenty

• The Demopan is only OP when I play him.
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2013, 09:37:57 pm »
Everyone to crab
Hey! .......Shut up!
Joined during 2011.
I'm h_twenty, and I approve this messege.