Author Topic: What really grinds your gears with Steam users?  (Read 6881 times)

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
What really grinds your gears with Steam users?
« on: May 11, 2013, 06:30:25 pm »
This could be with anything, including trading with other people, playing with others on a server, etc. This is the list that I've gotten:

When I say specifically "Pure only" and someone adds me to offer in items.
When someone adds me, says that they want to offer on my item, offers less than the current C/O, and then says I'm a highballer when I cancel the trade.
Quickbuying trades that buy less than other people (I.E. Craft hats for 1.11 when there are multiple trades for 1.22-1.33).
When people call me a jacka** for rejecting their offer.
When people say they have an item for this much, I add them, and they say "Could you add a bit more?".
People who think that painting an item makes it still retain the full paint value.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
  • Friendly Neighborhood Judo Master
Re: What really grinds your gears with Steam users?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 07:04:07 pm »
People who think that painting an item makes it still retain the full paint value.
This one, mostly. Painting an item doesn't add the paints worth to that item.

Something else that you didn't list is people that are rude for no reason. Calling everyone names, saying that their team sucks, etc. I hear enough of that on CoD and Halo, I don't need to hear it on TF2.

Trading with people that don't know what an item is worth before they ask for it kinda bothers me as well. I've had people try to buy High Five Taunts off of me for a bunch of weapons and cheap, dirty hats before. Closest anyone has gotten with that is 2.33 ref. Still nowhere near the current price.

Spycrabbers also kind of bug me. I mostly just watch, but I've seen people run many times just because they might lose. Nearly all of the runners didn't use a middleman and didn't trade anything before hand, so it doesn't really matter much, but what about when they do use a middleman?

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 07:11:56 pm »
Something else that you didn't list is people that are rude for no reason. Calling everyone names, saying that their team sucks, etc. I hear enough of that on CoD and Halo, I don't need to hear it on TF2.
this shit is annoying as fuck
I don't care so much for tf2 because people who do rage at me are usually like 12
it's people on dota that piss me off the most because they're usually shitty players that go 1/13 or something and they rage
the worst part is these people are usually Hispanic/Russian, and if you didn't already know, dota has a function that lets you select your region and these fuckers pick servers in the U.S. and can't even speak the language
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 07:17:43 pm by crab »

Offline Bubby

• Hey, I thought this was personal!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 07:17:06 pm »
Trolls, annoying children, people who do not listen to reason, or do not speak English.

Also, when people decide to mess up my sentry's gears while I'm not looking, making it a bomb.
I can't sign on my computer, are you crazy?

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 07:19:31 pm »
this shit is annoying as fuck
I don't care so much for tf2 because people do who rage at me are usually like 12
it's people on dota that piss me off the most because they're usually shitty players that go 1/13 or something and they rage
the worst part is these people are usually Hispanic/Russian, and if you didn't already know, dota has a function that lets you select your region and these fuckers pick servers in the U.S. and can't even speak the language
Region selection is a function for the Team Fortress filters as well, you just don't notice the international people as much on TF servers. Although I do agree, if you are going to be on a US based server, speak English. I usually auto-mute anyone who isn't speaking a language that I can understand.

Offline LEON35

• Eat shit :D
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 08:32:57 pm »
Random Invites.

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 09:13:54 pm »
Random Invites.
I can see that. As a regular at TF2 Outpost and backpack.tf, I do get a few random invites everyday. Most of them aren't even interested in what I'm selling, they just want to add to their friend collection.

That said, I do accept random invites to see what they want. If it isn't anything important, I block them from adding me again.

Offline LEON35

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 09:30:02 pm »
I can see that. As a regular at TF2 Outpost and backpack.tf, I do get a few random invites everyday. Most of them aren't even interested in what I'm selling, they just want to add to their friend collection.

That said, I do accept random invites to see what they want. If it isn't anything important, I block them from adding me again.

Woops, I meant Group Invites; I don't mind random Friend Invites since they're mostly about trading.

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 09:33:14 pm »
Woops, I meant Group Invites; I don't mind random Friend Invites since they're mostly about trading.
Yeah, those I just ignore. Most of them are Russian groups that just invite everybody that they come in contact with.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 10:07:32 pm »
Yeah, those I just ignore. Most of them are Russian groups that just invite everybody that they come in contact with.
I just join raffle groups so I can get free stuff :P

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline Ghost PGD

• Sydney Sleeper Sniper. Deal with it.
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 12:04:25 am »
It's people on dota that piss me off the most

Please don't remind me of them, I already went through three mental breakdowns from matches with them. :'(

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 03:22:44 am »
Just thought of something else. People that run pay-in raffles and disappear before they give the item they were raffling. I've gotten a few of them marked as raffle scammers on SteamRep, but I can't get 'em all.

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 06:13:17 am »
XD
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline dr. prof. wonder waffle

• well shit
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 12:25:14 pm »
bp.tf faggot users
well shit....

Offline LEON35

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 02:51:28 pm »
Another one: People that still bother to sell Tuxs. especially in Outpost