Author Topic: trading in DR  (Read 7057 times)

Offline Nurse Pinkamena

• Such pony much wow
trading in DR
« on: April 16, 2013, 10:15:07 pm »
could the /bp be enabled in deathrun people tend to show their items and some people want to look at their backpacks,also trading does get done on here, /bp would make things easier

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
Re: trading in DR
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 10:16:38 pm »
could the /bp be enabled in deathrun people tend to show their items and some people want to look at their backpacks,also trading does get done on here, /bp would make things easier
I second this, but there's one thing. Instead of just on DR and Trading Hell, I would like it on all the Hell's, since people occasionally like to use the !bp command.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 10:17:38 pm »
We really don't want to encourage people spamming their trades outside of the trade server.

Offline Nurse Pinkamena

• Such pony much wow
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 10:19:26 pm »
i dont get how that encourages trade spamming people trade spam anyway on the other servers besides trading hell, and enabling it is just for easy access to baclpacks

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 10:26:00 pm »
Think of !bp usage as gateway behavior that will lead into further trading, ie: people spamming "selling X, !bp me!"

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 10:28:05 pm »
We really don't want to encourage people spamming their trades outside of the trade server.

Think of !bp usage as gateway behavior that will lead into further trading, ie: people spamming "selling X, !bp me!"

It won't always spam their trades outside the server. Sometimes, people say "I have such an awesome weapon" or "Sheesh, my backpack value went down". Stuff like that at the least. People then proceed to !bp them if they don't talk since they're doing something else and are busy. It would be more helpful imo to add it instead of keep it just to Trading Hell. Besides, the spam bot should chatban any Copy/Paste spamming and most people who are selling usually move on to Trading Hell when waiting.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline Nurse Pinkamena

• Such pony much wow
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 10:28:20 pm »
what difference would it make people trade spam with out !bp anyway

Offline Bubby

• Hey, I thought this was personal!
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 07:17:52 am »
There's a server for trading, go trade there, or use one of the many websites made for trading items. No need to create more spam. If you want to show off an item, go that class.
I can't sign on my computer, are you crazy?

Offline shezeu

• 2Spookie4You
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 10:22:57 am »
There's a server for trading, go trade there, or use one of the many websites made for trading items. No need to create more spam. If you want to show off an item, go that class.

This and what Voidy said pretty much. It gets annoying to see especially when said spammer can't get a clue and mashes their pre-bound key 10+ advertising what they're trying to sell/buy.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 11:51:42 am »
This and what Voidy said pretty much. It gets annoying to see especially when said spammer can't get a clue and mashes their pre-bound key 10+ advertising what they're trying to sell/buy.
Wouldn't console just mute them if they spammed too much?

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 05:43:58 pm »
Antispam only monitors voice chat.

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 07:10:12 pm »
yea i say no to this it will cause the server to be fucked up

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 07:12:05 pm »
imagine joining death run and you cant even play since all you see is trade spams and micspammer

Offline Wizzy

• Donator
  • Acta non verba (actions not words)
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 11:43:30 pm »
I just want to point out that micspamming happens outside of trading anyways, I reported someone to the forums for it before, but trading shouldn't be a huge deal.

Adding the !BP feature shouldn't be too hard, servers like DR have times where you die and have to wait for the rest of the round to do anything, so checking out someone's backpack and trading is something to do while they wait, and shouldn't be frowned upon. Spamming the chat and mic should be frowned upon, but not the trading itself. I don't know what we can do to prevent people from spamming, besides having a limit on number of times we can chat, there is already a 30 second on mic use.

The other issue I want to address is that trading on trading hell is about the worst thing ever. There are a lot of little kids, donators use it and their godmode ability to rank up stranges (I do this even) and some people are just in there to run around and kill people or micspam and not trade at all. Even worse some people only have low amounts of metal, so trying to sell high value items is a pain. Deathrun often has some loaded players, so trading on their might get your high value item sold faster.

Just thought I would share my two cents.
Why am I gay? You should first ask: Why are you straight?

Superbia offerent tibi non animi pacem
(Pride will offer you no peace of mind)

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 11:58:11 pm »
I just want to point out that micspamming happens outside of trading anyways, I reported someone to the forums for it before, but trading shouldn't be a huge deal.

Adding the !BP feature shouldn't be too hard, servers like DR have times where you die and have to wait for the rest of the round to do anything, so checking out someone's backpack and trading is something to do while they wait, and shouldn't be frowned upon. Spamming the chat and mic should be frowned upon, but not the trading itself. I don't know what we can do to prevent people from spamming, besides having a limit on number of times we can chat, there is already a 30 second on mic use.

The other issue I want to address is that trading on trading hell is about the worst thing ever. There are a lot of little kids, donators use it and their godmode ability to rank up stranges (I do this even) and some people are just in there to run around and kill people or micspam and not trade at all. Even worse some people only have low amounts of metal, so trying to sell high value items is a pain. Deathrun often has some loaded players, so trading on their might get your high value item sold faster.

Just thought I would share my two cents.
This. I do admit to being one of "some people are just in there to run around and kill people or micspam and not trade at all", but not always. I usually like to look around and see if I can shark someone. Anyways, if you're dead on Deathrun Hell, what is there to do while you're dead? The only things you can do are leave the computer, watch someone else stall time, or go on a website via Steam browser. Generally, someone might say "I'm selling bla bla bla for bla bla bla", and someone will most likely check to see what that particular item is, or in some cases bp them since they say "I'm selling bla bla bla on pg. 4 of my bp". If they can get a trade in while waiting for someone to die, they might as well, right? (Side note: Don't try selling anything above a Bud on Trading Hell. Personal experience, since barely anyone on the server had enough keys to buy my S. F. Minigun for 31 keys.)