Author Topic: Decent Off Topic?  (Read 4122 times)

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
Decent Off Topic?
« on: April 13, 2013, 10:13:02 pm »
It seems that Off Topic has become a cesspool of random posts that have nothing to do with anything. I realize that it serves as a 'no rules' board kind of thing, but it gets a bit obnoxious. Having guidelines so that people don't post an entire thread about a single 'funy pictre' would be nice.
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
Re: Decent Off Topic?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 10:13:51 pm »
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes oh my god yes please

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 10:55:43 pm »
It seems that Off Topic has become a cesspool of random posts that have nothing to do with anything.

But.. That's the definition of being off topic. Post whatever you want.

There aren't any written guidelines, but generally anything that isn't nsfw or a violation of some US state law is generally fair game.

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 10:58:24 pm »
wouldn't it be nice to have threads that can host a legitimate discussion though?

instead of most of these threads where it's just some "hilarious" picture/inside joke that get no replies or the only replies are "who cares" or "lolz"

basically, more of this and less of this
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 11:02:05 pm by crab »

Offline jay50jay

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 11:20:41 pm »
When I see Off Topic sections on other forums, I've found that it tends to be a board for posting things that relate to subjects that are out of the area of the community, things that have to do with real life for example. Rarely do I see Off Topic sections with the intention to be a free for all of shitposting and pointless threads.

I think that this community is very capable of intelligent discussion, but it tends to be drowned out by some of the more 'vocal' members of the forum who create truly unneeded threads everyday.
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline Ujaya

• Mr.White Lucario
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 11:31:31 pm »
but it tends to be drowned out by some of the more 'vocal' members of the forum who create truly unneeded threads everyday.

"The Saxton Hell Community!"

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 06:45:02 pm »
I think that this community is very capable of intelligent discussion, but it tends to be drowned out by some of the more 'vocal' members of the forum who create truly unneeded threads everyday.

You could always try complaining directly to those people and attempting to scare them away. While being nice, of course.

Offline jay50jay

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 04:07:51 pm »
You could always try complaining directly to those people and attempting to scare them away. While being nice, of course.
Their response will invariably be: its of topc i can do wat i want lol

I don't want this to become the Nazi Germany of Off Topic boards, humorous topics can be alright. But when all people do is link a single picture or video or inside comment so that one or two people can get a chuckle out of it while everyone else scratches their head in confusion, something needs to be changed. Perhaps creating a media board would divert the flood of threads about single pictures or videos.

Offline Bubby

• Hey, I thought this was personal!
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 06:39:21 am »
Perhaps creating a media board would divert the flood of threads about single pictures or videos.
This is a good idea, as some people enjoy looking at these videos, and some want to be as far away from them as possible. As for scaring away...BOO.
I can't sign on my computer, are you crazy?