Author Topic: Saysound spamming  (Read 8021 times)

Offline Wizzy

• Donator
  • Acta non verba (actions not words)
Saysound spamming
« on: March 23, 2013, 02:00:08 am »
I love using saysounds, I love them. I don't love them when someone spams the same one time and time again, even after people ask that it stops. It gets REALLY annoying when the guy blows you off and calls you whiny for not liking the saysounds, or tells you to use the !sounds menu to mute saysounds. It should not be our job to mute saysounds because you are being annoying with them.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xmf8s3cg97wfmqp/4VqEFxPRXo/TF2%20Demos

^ There is the link for the demo I took of the person I am using for an example, this kinda thing really needs to stop, its not a serious issue, but its an issue.
Why am I gay? You should first ask: Why are you straight?

Superbia offerent tibi non animi pacem
(Pride will offer you no peace of mind)

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
Re: Saysound spamming
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 06:52:52 am »
le donator face :---)
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline DrJack Posts Ponies C:

• Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 12:28:15 pm »
/sounds is hard

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 12:31:28 pm »
That's why Trading Hell is best Hell ;)

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline Wizzy

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 11:16:55 pm »
Eh I made this a rant for a reason, I am sure I am not the only person who thinks that sound spamming gets to be quite annoying. I literally changed some of the saysounds that I found annoying to things funny/awesome so it doesn't annoy me as much if they are played, but spamming them time and time again, such as scootaloo and dosh, it just gets irritating. There is a cap on saysounds, but it feels like there needs to be a cap on players use of them, so that they can't repeat the same sound constantly, and especially not 7-8 times within a minute.

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 05:55:32 am »
Dr. JacksOff already told you how
type /sound
in chat
ok
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline konakona90

• The ⑨
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 12:16:42 pm »

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 08:38:07 pm »
This doesn't seem to be a pressing issue to me. If you can just turn off sounds until the spammer stops/leaves, whats the issue?
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline Wizzy

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 01:05:44 am »
This doesn't seem to be a pressing issue to me. If you can just turn off sounds until the spammer stops/leaves, whats the issue?

Some people like trolling and spamming a saysound if you say that it sucks or something, but I guess that just feeds them to make them do it more anyways. My main issue is that when a sound is spammed pretty consistently and more then 1 person is asking them to stop and they keep doing it.

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 02:13:30 am »
Some people like trolling and spamming a saysound if you say that it sucks or something, but I guess that just feeds them to make them do it more anyways. My main issue is that when a sound is spammed pretty consistently and more then 1 person is asking them to stop and they keep doing it.
Hate to give you the news, but that's what some people do. They act like dicks. Rather than complaining about it and giving them the fire to their flame, you ignore them and move on.

Life lessons by jay™
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline Wizzy

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 04:18:04 am »
oh well, this is a rant thread anyway, feels good to bitch about something, lets other people see my pain and join me. That or this was a complete waste of time, either way, rant thread.

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
  • Friendly Neighborhood Judo Master
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 03:14:21 pm »
I usually ask the spammer to stop and if they don't, I turn the sounds off. I know it gets annoying, but there isn't much we can do about it. I guess if they constantly spam every time they are in a server, we could ask the admins to suspend/revoke donator privileges for a bit. I don't think that'd go anywhere, though.