Author Topic: Adressing Balance Issues in Hale  (Read 10784 times)

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
Re: Adressing Balance Issues in Hale
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2013, 05:46:30 pm »
should we increase the damage then?
Maybe *sniff* Maybe

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 07:03:15 pm »
Not that I play VSH all the often but the "less bullets more damage" thing is stupid; even if you hit every shot at any range it will still be lower DPS than the pistol after the first clip is done. The weapon's just balanced badly because the lower clip size takes away so much damage that it's just not a viable weapon.
have you paired it with the soda popper yet

i mean there's a reason as to why they're in a set

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 04:40:46 pm »
have you paired it with the soda popper yet

i mean there's a reason as to why they're in a set
Soda Popper + Pistol = 100% more effective.

But this is a Hale suggestion thread. Even if it is somewhat viable in normal TF2 it is unarguably useless in Hale.
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 05:50:33 pm »
How about "crits whenever it is supposed to minicrit" on the soda popper.

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2013, 07:55:24 pm »
How about "crits whenever it is supposed to minicrit" on the soda popper.
That sounds great. It's a good alternative to the High Five play style.
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 03:20:36 pm »
Soda Popper updated.
Ideas for the winger and the beggars bazooka next plz.

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 09:12:25 am »
Ideas for the winger and the beggars bazooka next plz.
Well the pistol with crits can do 540 damage with all 12 hits. Winger does maybe 260 with all 5 of its crits? Double damage should be fine to even it out with the pistol.
Dunno about bazooka, maybe try to remove the rocket deviation to make it aim better for Hale?
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

Offline Django Urikashima

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2013, 02:05:37 pm »
Dunno if this is an open tread or not, but the Battalion's Backup.

This needs to have damage reducers for fall damage as well, as the only way to get use from it is if Hale attacks you, and that can send you flying across the map with only 13 health left. Upon landing, you could die from the fall damage you couldn't stop because of the random knockback Hale seems to have, which makes putting yourself in danger for the team seem a bit moot.

If it gets a health boost, Fall damage reducer or combination of both, it would be more practical to use said Battalion's Backup. Otherwise, there's no real opportunity to make use of it, which saddens me greatly.

(also the buff banner could give full crits when used, but that's a different matter entirely...)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 02:15:19 pm by Django Urikashima »

Offline HugPhoenix

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2013, 07:44:38 pm »
BEGGAR'S BAZOOKA:
It is an interesting spread weapon indeed; I think raising the rocket amount to 4 or 5 would be good.
Reloading it is the subjective part IMO; if he reloads too fast, its overpowered. Your suggestion about being able to escape with it like a rocket launcher is a good point. I think it should have the ammo expansion, and only the first rocket be INSTANT to load in, but only when rocket jumping somehow. Perhaps, while the soldier is ducking, jumping, and looking down towards his feet all simultaneously. I don't know if that's programmable, but I think it would make beggars balanced.

Another suggestion is reducing clip size, but make the rockets homing after .5 or .25 seconds of being launched. (delay for rocket jumping)

THE ESCAPE PLAN:
Escape plan is good, but not fast enough to escape, even with low HP. Equalizer is good with low HP, but the hale's range is so wide, you'll never get on him head-on. I suggest you combine the 2 weapons. if soldier would equip either the equalizer or escape plan, replace it with the fusion weapon. (Like the medic's custom kritzkrieg.)

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2013, 10:34:54 pm »
Can we increase ammo required for airblast? So annoying when Pyros can just spam it to hell.
I am totally the prettiest girl on the Prop Hunt server.
#PrettiestGirl2013 #SoTryhard

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2013, 03:12:59 pm »
BEGGAR'S BAZOOKA:
It is an interesting spread weapon indeed; I think raising the rocket amount to 4 or 5 would be good.
Reloading it is the subjective part IMO; if he reloads too fast, its overpowered. Your suggestion about being able to escape with it like a rocket launcher is a good point. I think it should have the ammo expansion, and only the first rocket be INSTANT to load in, but only when rocket jumping somehow. Perhaps, while the soldier is ducking, jumping, and looking down towards his feet all simultaneously. I don't know if that's programmable, but I think it would make beggars balanced.

Another suggestion is reducing clip size, but make the rockets homing after .5 or .25 seconds of being launched. (delay for rocket jumping)

THE ESCAPE PLAN:
Escape plan is good, but not fast enough to escape, even with low HP. Equalizer is good with low HP, but the hale's range is so wide, you'll never get on him head-on. I suggest you combine the 2 weapons. if soldier would equip either the equalizer or escape plan, replace it with the fusion weapon. (Like the medic's custom kritzkrieg.)
i don't understand why you believe soldier needs a buff when he's one of the strongest and most annoying classes right now.

Offline Windy

• Full Admin
  • HOT DOG!
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2013, 06:41:53 pm »
Can we increase ammo required for airblast? So annoying when Pyros can just spam it to hell.

Please, think of the goombas. How will I support my high damage?
If you're going to report someone, make sure to follow these steps!
  • Record a demo.
  • Get the person's steamid.
  • Add an Admin and annoy him/her about it.
  • Click your heels and yell out "Ding Dong Bannu!"This probably won't work, though.
Don't like a map? Use the !maprate command to give it a bad rating, and then maybe Voided will take it off the rotation. Maybe.

Dislike saysounds? Use !sounds to disable them!

Don't enjoy tf2? I don't have a solution for that. :(