Author Topic: Challenge Mode  (Read 10579 times)

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Challenge Mode
« on: February 11, 2013, 11:40:32 pm »
In a completely spontaneous burst of willpower and programming, I've implemented a "challenge mode" for VSH.

You can type !halechallenge (or go through the !hale menu) and enable challenge mode. When it's your turn as a boss with challenge mode enabled, the other team will continuously respawn upon death.

The goal being for hale to get as many kills as possible before dying.

The mode is a WIP, but I think it's pretty good for release on the servers. We'll continuously improve and tweak things, so be sure to report any issues or suggest gameplay changes for it.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
Re: Challenge Mode
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 01:01:50 am »
Would spawn camping be a problem? If Hale stood in the spawn, then he can keep killing them.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline Antie97

• OH GOD, THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALL SPHINCTERS
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 06:07:36 am »
Voidy,
I've been waiting for something like this.
I forking love you.

I think I'm going to cry,
It's so beautiful.

I place $20 into a box. So do you. There is now $40 in the box. I sell the box to you for $30. We both walk away with a $10 profit.

Offline Bubby

• Hey, I thought this was personal!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 06:15:45 am »
Would spawn camping be a problem? If Hale stood in the spawn, then he can keep killing them.
That would be a problem, maybe make a few different spawn points? And will a ranking system be developed, to see who got the most kills in one round?
I can't sign on my computer, are you crazy?

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 07:38:37 am »
i want this for ff2 this is so cool

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 11:35:55 am »

Currently, players are given 2.5 seconds of uber on spawn as a spawn protection feature, but adding spawn points around the maps is definitely planned in the future.

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 01:03:35 pm »

I love you.
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 01:25:08 pm »
Oh! I just came up with a slight issue with this gamemode. On map change there are typically 3 to 5 people for the first round who load in before all the others. This presents an issue. While Hale does have a reduced amount of health, it would still take quite a while to defeat him. Even longer if the team is unfortunate enough to be composed of Spies and Snipers.

(Edit:) In fact, I just played a match with those exact conditions. Everything that I predicted happened. There's a bit of tweaking that needs to be done, but it's still a great idea.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 01:47:36 pm by jay50jay »
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 01:56:08 pm »
Oh! I just came up with a slight issue with this gamemode. On map change there are typically 3 to 5 people for the first round who load in before all the others. This presents an issue. While Hale does have a reduced amount of health, it would still take quite a while to defeat him. Even longer if the team is unfortunate enough to be composed of Spies and Snipers.

(Edit:) In fact, I just played a match with those exact conditions. Everything that I predicted happened. There's a bit of tweaking that needs to be done, but it's still a great idea.

I have plans to make it so players can spawn in once they join the server during a challenge mode round so that first round issue would be solved.

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
  • Friendly Neighborhood Judo Master
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 02:46:39 pm »
I'll have to give this a go later. I guess this is good for the Hales that can kill everyone every time or those that want to challenge themselves. Hence the name, I guess.

Sounds good Voidy, I'll let you know what I think later.

Offline Antie97

• OH GOD, THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALL SPHINCTERS
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 02:47:54 pm »
music just for people that use the mode pls
I place $20 into a box. So do you. There is now $40 in the box. I sell the box to you for $30. We both walk away with a $10 profit.

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 03:22:36 pm »
oh my god i felt my heart skip

this is beautiful

just putting this out here because it matters
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:29:42 pm by crab »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 04:25:20 pm »
I've implemented late spawning (so you join a challenge mode round if you didn't load quickly enough), and the ability to change classes during a challenge mode round.

Unless there are some more pressing issues that come up, the only thing left to implement is custom spawn points so it solves the issue of any spawn camping.

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 05:56:42 pm »
oh and also

just noticed this so idk how late i am but if you are a ghost you can't spawn unless if you rejoin the server

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 06:02:59 pm »
oh and also

just noticed this so idk how late i am but if you are a ghost you can't spawn unless if you rejoin the server

It should (re)spawn you regardless if you have ghostmode enabled or not.