Author Topic: Darwins Danger Shield Buff?  (Read 3580 times)

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
Darwins Danger Shield Buff?
« on: January 28, 2013, 05:17:44 pm »
I was thinking about how useless the Danger Shield is in this game. Maybe if we were to buff it up to give a bit more HP it will allow Snipers to survive two hits (maybe with overheal), encouraging a different more aggressive style of gameplay. Not sure if it's possible, but I think it'd be a nice addition.
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Darwins Danger Shield Buff?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 05:37:02 pm »
Giving the sniper shields the same mechanic as the demoman shields has been on my todolist for quite some time.

There's an issue that needs to be looked at first, however: how much we've buffed non-hales. It's significantly harder to play as any of the Hale bosses compared to a few months ago, so I want to see if we can do something to make playing as the boss a little easier. The biggest annoyances I see currently is the incredible amount of knockback and the fairly useless mechanic of the dead ringer.

Offline HugPhoenix

• Donator
Re: Darwins Danger Shield Buff?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 07:49:04 pm »
KB was adressed, (my thread). Now, dead ringer i have an interesting idea.

remove damage reduction and have it act like regular watch.
Upon activation with full ammo: spawn a dummy CPU with your name. Either that or a stationary mirage dummy with your name upon looking at it.
Upon deactivation: deplete all cloak ammo, and do not allow regen or material pickup for 2 or 3 seconds.
As for the danger shield, i say do what youve been wanting to.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 07:51:32 pm by rasengan0 »