Author Topic: Moderators in games  (Read 14318 times)

Offline Marshii

Re: Moderators in games
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 09:37:18 pm »
@Miaumon, with regard to the PH server, you have 2 mods who are good but only one of them plays the server often, but still, not all the time,

I support the idea of mods, but those who can be trusted - plus if you have reasonably frequent admins on servers they can check up on the mods anyway while they play. Personally I don't see mods 'exploiting' to the detriment of others, all I see are punishments given out too quickly without justification i.e. no warnings given before muting etc.

It's up to the admins, but I think it would help the servers especially in providing contact links with admins in case something does go wrong.

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 09:54:16 pm »
hmm i think marshii has a good reason then
(even though i play on ff2 alot i still wont be admin because people hate me and i dont want to do it)
but he still has a point there was a total of 9 afks in one game and 5 friendlies
and dont put people who hate me and will kick me if i join the server and go to demo and do damage
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 10:01:56 pm by BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo »

Offline DrJack Posts Ponies C:

• Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 02:14:27 am »
how du i gt admen that isnt on sirver 24/7
But seriously why are people asking for more admins again, just ask for one in the chat or record a demo/screenshots and post it on the forums.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013, 07:35:23 am »
Bo-Bo, I think you slightly missed my point which was more to do with prevention of mic spamming and breaking rules etc. I'm not sure which server you refer to but I don't think you need an admin for afks and people who are friendly - thats just one small aspect of the game.

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 07:38:24 am »
Bo-Bo, I think you slightly missed my point which was more to do with prevention of mic spamming and breaking rules etc. I'm not sure which server you refer to but I don't think you need an admin for afks and people who are friendly - thats just one small aspect of the game.

Friendly is illegal though.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2013, 11:29:33 am »
I don't understand - friendly players on PH dont get yelled at for not killing props :/

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2013, 11:32:16 am »
In the VSH and FF2 gamemode, there are no "round timers" like in Prophunt. Yea, some friendlies in ph get yelled at sometimes, but the round ends in about a minute and a half to two minutes, whereas VSH and FF2 you can have someone being friendly for the entire 30 minutes of the map if there wasn't a rule against it.

Offline Sakuya

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2013, 12:25:03 pm »
There are, but when only 2 people left the timer starts, would be hard in some cases if there are more than 2 friendlies around.
Still, in some maps the timer and control point doesn't work, making this even more harder
I'm guessing they are in the to-do list tho

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2013, 01:17:34 pm »
There are, but when only 2 people left the timer starts
Why doesn't this happen in the regular hale servers

• Venus Power
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2013, 01:37:31 pm »
playboy is the only map with no timer or cp that works at all

Offline Marshii

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2013, 02:39:13 pm »
Ooh, I see now.

Well what I can suggest is compiling info of how long an average round lasts for and putting a timer around the same time so that each round should finish roughly at the same time as they had always done, regardless of friendlies.

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2013, 03:03:16 pm »
You need to play VSH or FF2 to understand that an "average round" in hale  means. The hale can just sit and wait if a . A legit round can be anywhere from 3 minutes to 10 minutes.

• Venus Power
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2013, 03:06:05 pm »
so rounds are above 15 mins

Offline Reborn_Up

• SUPER TURBO ADMIN (jk)
  • Can I be admin ? I wanna quit TF2
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2013, 07:17:55 pm »
how du i gt admen that isnt on sirver 24/7
But seriously why are people asking for more admins again, just ask for one in the chat or record a demo/screenshots and post it on the forums.
No

• Venus Power
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2013, 07:40:13 pm »