Author Topic: Engineer Special Suggestion  (Read 3452 times)

Offline DrJack Posts Ponies C:

• Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons
Engineer Special Suggestion
« on: December 14, 2012, 05:35:00 pm »
I remember Back when Death-run Hell 1 started, engineers would build teleporter exits outside of certain traps (specifically traps that would pull you in a room and kill you slowly) and go into them to build an entrance so the people could get out. If it's not obvious yet, I'm proposing you bring back teleporters so engineers could do exactly what I remember seeing. If you think the teleporters would take too long to build on most of the traps, rendering the special to be useless on the majority of maps, you could always buff the speed of a certain weapon or give the teleporter entrance/exit an instant build time like during setup time in MvM mode. Death-run Hell 1 is the most active server in the Saxton Hell community it has also been in the Saxton Hell community for a long time and nearly that whole time the engineer has never had a special, there are two Death-run servers now and the engineer still doesn't have a special it's about time he does so please consider adding teleporters back to the servers and maybe even buffing them a little for faster build time.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Engineer Special Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 05:44:39 pm »
The problem with teleporters is being able to build them at spawn and get behind map motivators. If there was a feasible way to prevent this, I'd look into adding them again.

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 05:46:19 pm »
Teleporters simply don't belong in deathrun just because you can skip anti-rusher doors and slow killing traps.

Engi's don't have a "special." Oh well. You can always play something like Pyro and Medic, because as far as I know they don't have class limits. It's still possible to win on any map without having get-out-of-jail-free cards.

and yeah what void said

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 03:47:20 am »
The problem with teleporters is being able to build them at spawn and get behind map motivators. If there was a feasible way to prevent this, I'd look into adding them again.
"Don't exploit map features. This includes getting behind map 'motivators'. Our automated detection system will punish you by slaying you." So I guess this rule is just a lie to scare people away from exploiting map features?

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 09:59:28 am »
"Don't exploit map features. This includes getting behind map 'motivators'. Our automated detection system will punish you by slaying you." So I guess this rule is just a lie to scare people away from exploiting map features?
No - if you try to do that old trick on how to get behind dr_dust's motivator, you get a chat message saying you are being slayed for being behind the motivator.

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 10:18:49 am »
No - if you try to do that old trick on how to get behind dr_dust's motivator, you get a chat message saying you are being slayed for being behind the motivator.
That's my point...

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 01:59:27 pm »
Our system doesn't detect all attempts, just certain places on maps where it's possible to get behind.

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 02:10:48 pm »
MmmmKayyy