Author Topic: FF2 Boss Suggestions Thread  (Read 23273 times)

Offline the_ep

FF2 Boss Suggestions Thread
« on: May 30, 2012, 01:14:48 pm »
Hello everyone, EP here. Some of you may see me regularly on the FF2 server, or know me as the coder of Gaben and Rocket (to which I say thanks to the staff for having them on).

While the current boss roster is fairly decent, I would definiltely like to see more bosses here, but I think it would be good to have the community nominate and choose who they want.

So without further ado, feel free to suggest FF2 bosses that you think would be a good fit! This post is a handy place to start.

Personally, I'd suggest the Administrator boss (coded by yours truly), which is on the first link. Also update Gaben and Rocket since IIRC the server still uses v1.0 versions - latest is 1.1.

You can also use this thread to suggest various changes to us boss devs - provided that is the latest versions of the bosses are used.

Offline Dangly Parts

Re: FF2 Boss Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 06:31:09 pm »
Wheatly
FemPyro
Pedobear
Till are quenched ~ Pepsi Convoy

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 12:30:40 am »
Hiya EP, glad to have you aboard here.

I had definitely planned to skim through the FF2 thread on AM to see if there are any new bosses to add. I gave a cursory glance a while ago and noticed the Administrator which I would love to add when I find some free time.

I'll also be sure to grab updated versions of your bosses when I do so.

Offline Speedwing

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 03:05:36 am »
Lol great work ep with making Gayben xD

Offline Thochun

• Unrelenting hatred against animated ponies.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 11:25:40 am »
  • How about "The Hidden" spy as a boss.
  • Pyro Car
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:38:49 am by Thochun »
A.K.A. Captain One-Shot.

Offline Atomic Knight

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 09:50:00 pm »
How about valve employee? :3

EDIT: Or maybe the grapist :P
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:17:08 am by Atomic Knight »
I can haz cheezburger? :3

Offline Tasha

• Donator
  • Is an idiot.
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 11:12:14 pm »
This may be a rather late suggestion for a boss, But, How about something else that's not greatly tf2 related. How about a Tron Boss? I've been listening to alot of Daft Punk - Tron Legacy stuff. ;~;

c:

I just thought it'd be neat to have Tron or one of the Underlings of CPU to fight on FF2.

Possibly have the Identity Disc as a weapon, Looking all cool, Maybe a special rage that'd maybe give a Blaster, Shotgun or such as the other bosses that have been made. Maybe even the Slow-Motion Rage with a Blue Light Cycle Beam from the Movie (When he is playing the DeRez game of course.) behind him as he kills people. c:

*Brain finally esplodes* ;~;

*Slinks back to her silent corner*

Offline Turkle

• Full Admin
  • Video games suck
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 05:03:13 pm »
Johnny Bravo

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 07:16:28 pm »
Johnny Bravo

Offline Tasha

• Donator
  • Is an idiot.
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 10:22:42 pm »
Johnny and his comb *3*

*Agrees*

Dexter or DeeDee from Dexter's Laboratory. ;~;

Offline Rukrio

• the village idiot
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 12:51:00 pm »
for some dumb reason i want to see Isaac. as in Isaac from Binding of Isaac.

here's how it'd work out.
weapon of choice: "mom's knife". (which is an excuse to whip out the three rune blade as a base weapon)

base class: scout, mainly because his tactics involve running around and dodging in the original game.

rage: i honestly have no idea, there are so many items that isaac can use. perhaps it's random, luck of the draw. one rage he could stun everyone, the next doesn't stun but instead drops bombs all around Isaac like "anarchist's cookbook", another being an uber that if he touches you, you die instantly as if he had just used "my little unicorn" (this one would be super rare), and so on and so forth. the best powers he'd get would be rare. the rage's name would be "D6"

music: "
My Innermost Apocolypse
"
intro: "
Conflicted
"
boss win: "
Pride
"
boss lose: "this was the end of the line for isaac..." from "Absolution (Embedding disabled, limit reached)"

one note, this boss would require a LOT of playtesting to make sure all the random elements work out and are balanced. and no "lives", even though in BoI he can find a 1UP, that's kinda cutting it cheap... unless you use the lives to slowly increment his power.

Help. I don't know where this belongs.

Offline iR| Doctor Scootaloo

• I need to go out more.
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 10:58:10 am »
@Rukrio Please, no more Scout Hales. It's tiring enough to get a Hale that constantly jumps... then see him MISS the jump but he double jumps to get on *that* ledge. How about a Pyro reskin to compensate our lack or Pyro Hales?

EDIT: We could keep the Scout reskin, but disable the double jump. I like the Three Rune Blade idea and don't want it to go to waste :c.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 11:00:48 am by iR| Doctor Scootaloo »

Offline Rukrio

• the village idiot
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 12:52:24 pm »
@scootaloo

the one thing i hate about scout hales is that they hit too fast. mom's knife has a legit reason to swing slower if it means staying a bit more true to the "firing speed" of mom's knife.

also i was thinking he wouldn't have a superjump, but rather, tap into the "telepills" that Binding of Isaac has.

Help. I don't know where this belongs.

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 04:32:50 pm »
@scootaloo

the one thing i hate about scout hales is that they hit too fast. mom's knife has a legit reason to swing slower if it means staying a bit more true to the "firing speed" of mom's knife.

also i was thinking he wouldn't have a superjump, but rather, tap into the "telepills" that Binding of Isaac has.
As an avid BoI fan, I'd love to see this happen. The possibilities with the different items would be endless!
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline iR| Doctor Scootaloo

• I need to go out more.
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 09:38:26 pm »
@Rukrio I'm liking this idea! Voidy, ADD IT BECAUSE I LOVE I-... Voidy does the adding? *is confused*