Author Topic: Help me test a new map!  (Read 4420 times)

Offline Entropy-Soldier

• Donator
  • E-S
Help me test a new map!
« on: November 03, 2012, 10:09:59 pm »
After playing on this server for a good while, and falling in love with the plugin the moment i heard the name, I've come to the consensus that the selection of maps can be a bit limited and redundant at times.  Being someone who's proficient with hammer, i was quick to confer to myself that i could easily produce a suitable and enjoyable map in a very short amount of time.  Now, looking past the fact that it took much longer than expected, I've also run into the issue that it's a bit more of a diversion from the other maps than i intended.

To this end, I'd like it to be tested a bit before i finalize it and release it.  I'd like to be present for a few of these tests to at least get a view of everything myself, but feel free to host a few without me.  It's also not necessary to keep this private as the map shouldn't change -too- much unless we discover some quintessential flaws.

So, really, all I'm asking you to do is have fun!

http://www.wcservers.net/ES/fw_cp_nebula_proto1.zip

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Help me test a new map!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 10:33:52 pm »
Hi there! We definitely welcome new fortwars maps, as there really is a lack of them out there.

I'd love to test out your map on our server, but I noticed it contains a point_servercommand entity:
Code: [Select]
{
"origin" "0 0 832"
"targetname" "Commands"
"classname" "point_servercommand"
"hammerid" "20916"
}

It doesn't seem to actually be used, but as a precaution I'd rather have it removed. If you could compile a version without it, I'd be happy to toss it onto the server and play test it with players.

Offline Entropy-Soldier

• Donator
  • E-S
Re: Help me test a new map!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 01:16:44 am »
Sorry about that!  It was left over from an entity system i decided to scrap; i wasn't keen on the danger it could hold.

EDIT:

Last version was lacking the skybox textures, but this one hopefully has everything.

http://www.wcservers.net/ES/fw_cp_nebula_proto1_take3.zip
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:36:56 am by Entropy-Soldier »