Author Topic: Scout Balancing  (Read 4474 times)

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Scout Balancing
« on: May 25, 2012, 04:34:53 pm »
Alright well. It's pretty clear that scouts need to be balanced in deathrun in order to make it fun for everyone.

I don't think I want to remove the class, but I'm not excluding this option.

So far the current balancing we've done is limit bonk usage to once only, and limit the class to 3 players.

Some things I've considered include removing double jump, removing bonk entirely, and perhaps slowing their speed to match other classes.

Let me know what you guys think would be good options for making scout fair for everyone.

Offline GHOST

Re: Scout Balancing
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 04:37:45 pm »
is fun

Offline DrJack Posts Ponies C:

• Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 06:16:13 pm »
My uncreative imagination can't come up with any ideas so I'm going to stick with the ideas you considered. Removing Bonk Drink sounds like a good and fair change seeing as how ( aleast I'm pretty sure I never play DR  :-X) no other class has the ability to make themselves invulnerable for even a short moment, I'm not sure about removing double jump you could probably make a limit on double jumps and when they go over the limit they can only jump once but that seems like a rather bad idea, as for their speed I don't think it needs a change it seems fine to me.  :-*

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 10:51:32 am »
I really do think removing Bonk all together would be good. I also think that slowing them down to match the normal speed (i.e. Pyro etc.) would be nice. Whenever I'm Hale I always get flustered when 3 Scouts burst out of the door getting 3 traps down while I'm trying to handle the other classes. Frankly, I think that Scout is a straight upgrade from all the other classes in Deathrun. He gets double jump, runs much faster, gets short periods invincibility, etc. And there is no downside that I can think of. So I think that all of your suggested nerfs and more would be good.

(imo :P)
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline Speedwing

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 04:11:12 pm »
This is a good idea, Couse always when i play as saxton there's always some scouts that runs and that makes it harder to catch them. So yeah i agree with to slow their running speed and remove double jump.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 04:38:19 pm »
Thanks for the input guys. For now I went with slowing down scouts to the speed of other classes. We'll see how this goes and see if the scout needs any other changes.

I like the idea of the scout keeping bonk, as it gives a strategic reason to use the class. Similar to how the pyro has flare jump.

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 05:56:23 pm »
I like the idea of the scout keeping bonk, as it gives a strategic reason to use the class. Similar to how the pyro has flare jump.
I think that it would be cool to add a little something for every class. Like maybe the Sniper's Bushwacka climb. That way there's no real best choice instead of it being that Pyro and Scout are superior to all other classes. Just a suggestion.   :D
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 06:42:48 pm »
I think that it would be cool to add a little something for every class. Like maybe the Sniper's Bushwacka climb. That way there's no real best choice instead of it being that Pyro and Scout are superior to all other classes. Just a suggestion.   :D

Agreed. Most classes have something that make them worth using. Like heavy has GRU, and soldier can use the whip. I'll have to look into what other things I can do.

Offline Antie97

• OH GOD, THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALL SPHINCTERS
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 07:20:09 pm »
I'd also like to add that spy has dead ringer, but it only works on some traps :s
I place $20 into a box. So do you. There is now $40 in the box. I sell the box to you for $30. We both walk away with a $10 profit.

Offline Dangly Parts

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 02:14:53 pm »
I do like the idea of giving other classes perks.  Balances things out.
Till are quenched ~ Pepsi Convoy

Offline Thochun

• Unrelenting hatred against animated ponies.
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 12:24:53 am »
I think the engineer should have a special perk since I think he is useless in DR.
Like putting a special ability in Eureka Effect that makes him to teleport a little forward (basically teleporting right past a certain trap), but it can only be used once. Just thinking.
A.K.A. Captain One-Shot.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 12:32:11 am »
I think the engineer should have a special perk since I think he is useless in DR.
Like putting a special ability in Eureka Effect that makes him to teleport a little forward (basically teleporting right past a certain trap), but it can only be used once. Just thinking.

That's an interesting idea, but it would be difficult to implement in practice. But I definitely agree that the engineer is lacking compared to the other classes.

Offline sherlin

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 02:35:31 am »
That's an interesting idea, but it would be difficult to implement in practice.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 02:58:45 am by Miaumon »