Author Topic: Some Ideas for Hale Players  (Read 7446 times)

Offline Bweeda

• You might ask why is my name Bweeda? Well, why not
Some Ideas for Hale Players
« on: September 12, 2012, 10:39:43 pm »
After playing for a while on the Saxton Hell servers, i decided to get involved.  I had some ideas for the players of hale, i think players should be able to get some "abilites" when i say this i mean that for instance a soldier can have to option to get say, a Homing ability, allowing him to direct his missle. A scout could get something that does more damage in goombas (like say 500 more damage) but the downside is he runs slower (enough for hale to get him somewhat easily).  An engineer could maybe teleport through his exit, but after that, make the teleporter unusable to him again, unless he rebuilds it. A medic could maybe get an ability that allows him to "rubberband/medic jump" without having the healed target to be jumping. These are just some of my ideas, let me know what you think!

From,
Bweeda

Offline Artificial Love

• YOU MEAN TO MODERATU, BANNU
Re: Some Ideas for Hale Players
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 11:18:40 pm »
-10/10 would not fuck

Offline bombs

• happy trees
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 12:31:03 am »
while it is always nice to see people taking an interest in the community this is a reoccurring theme that ends the same every time.

generally speaking, i think the admins feel like the mod is balanced fine for now. lots of people come on and suggest stuff that many times is not possible (the homing rocket is an example) and other times things that comeplety mess up the balance we have, like the scout running slowly.

What you will see is that many classes already do have abilities and you can utilize them to your advantage. an example is the direct hit always crits instead of mini crit-ing. the scouts pistol always mini crits for 45 damage etc.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 03:38:39 pm »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 05:58:17 pm »
Bombs pretty much summed it up. The only real interest I have in buffing anything in VSH/FF2 would be the under used weapons.

Making sudden game mechanic changes may be interesting to some, but there are players who like how VSH is balanced and would rather not change things drastically.

Offline Bweeda

• You might ask why is my name Bweeda? Well, why not
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 08:28:16 pm »
Well, although some don't agree (most of you repliers) it was worth a try to put in some of my ideas, thanks for your feedback!

From,
Bweeda

Offline h_twenty

• The Demopan is only OP when I play him.
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 06:28:23 pm »
Since this is a player ability thread, most demoman melees can collect heads, why not the pan? I wanna be able to smash skulls with a pan and be able to collect heads too! But this is only a suggestion, and I doubt it will get put in, due to the fact that there are so many other demo melees that CAN collect heads... :)
Joined during 2011.
I'm h_twenty, and I approve this messege.

Offline Exile

• Full Admin
  • Lawnmowers
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 03:14:47 pm »
Since this is a player ability thread, most demoman melees can collect heads, why not the pan? I wanna be able to smash skulls with a pan and be able to collect heads too! But this is only a suggestion, and I doubt it will get put in, due to the fact that there are so many other demo melees that CAN collect heads... :)

Weapons that collect heads have a health penalty associated with them as well as increased reach.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 09:18:07 pm »
and there is no way to add heads to it

Offline DrJack Posts Ponies C:

• Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 10:12:36 pm »
Add jarate effect to pan

Offline h_twenty

• The Demopan is only OP when I play him.
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 10:14:54 pm »
Golden Wrench effect to jarate plz kty :D
Joined during 2011.
I'm h_twenty, and I approve this messege.

Offline Antie97

• OH GOD, THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALL SPHINCTERS
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 11:09:10 pm »
spycicle effect for flamethrower pls
I place $20 into a box. So do you. There is now $40 in the box. I sell the box to you for $30. We both walk away with a $10 profit.

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 04:04:22 pm »
awperhand effect 4 snper pls
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.