Author Topic: 2 ideas, one dumb/probably impossible, one more than possible.  (Read 5663 times)

Offline Rukrio

• the village idiot
2 ideas, one dumb/probably impossible, one more than possible.
« on: September 11, 2012, 09:24:06 pm »
both relating to the Engineer.

dumb one is allowing defensive engies and combat engies to be considered seperate and have them each be limited to 3.

how? by checking a player's loadout, and if the melee is gunslinger, then he is an combat engie, otherwise with all other melee/wrenches, he's considered a defensive engie.

total of engies would be doubled, yes, but defensive engies would be limited to 3 and so would the combat engies, for a total of 6.

now for the possible one:
buff the gunslinger so engies with it always get minicrits, just so it's a more viable option while not trying to be OP as heck.

if the entire thing fits better in weapon suggestions, move it pl0x.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 04:53:01 am by Rukrio »

Help. I don't know where this belongs.

Offline Exile

• Full Admin
  • Lawnmowers
Re: 2 ideas, one dumb/probably impossible, one more than possible.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 10:28:02 pm »
With your proposal, you still have the worst case scenario of three level three sentries and three mini sentries. The loadout does not guarantee a certain playstyle.

I personally think the gunslinger is viable enough as it is. I don't think the engie should always get minicrits if he uses as that would just buff the minisentry to be more comparable to the regular sentry gun. I'd be up for it buffing the shotgun of the engie when using the minisentry but I don't think the sentries need to be made any stronger.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:30:04 pm by Exile »

Offline Rukrio

• the village idiot
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 04:54:31 am »
With your proposal, you still have the worst case scenario of three level three sentries and three mini sentries. The loadout does not guarantee a certain playstyle.

I personally think the gunslinger is viable enough as it is. I don't think the engie should always get minicrits if he uses as that would just buff the minisentry to be more comparable to the regular sentry gun. I'd be up for it buffing the shotgun of the engie when using the minisentry but I don't think the sentries need to be made any stronger.

only recently did i realize the consequences of these ideas, so i gave it the "shit post" icon to save people some time :V

Help. I don't know where this belongs.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 05:13:53 pm »
you get more damage with a minisentry anyways, it would be hell to have that many

Offline iR| Doctor Scootaloo

• I need to go out more.
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 09:07:10 pm »
Seeing minisentries one of the most annoying sentries of all time-- ... The knockback on that thing (with minicrits) would be Saxton's Hell.