Author Topic: Tf2's Mann Vs Machine Update  (Read 26891 times)

Offline Antie97

• OH GOD, THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALL SPHINCTERS
Re: Tf2's Mann Vs Machine Update
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 05:57:31 pm »
Piss covered body shots everywhere

lol'd
I place $20 into a box. So do you. There is now $40 in the box. I sell the box to you for $30. We both walk away with a $10 profit.

Offline 9mmpainpill

• Donator
  • On a THC powered rocket ship to the moon.
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2012, 02:15:44 am »

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2012, 11:19:43 am »
not one demoknight, cuntsman, or piss covered snipers. Uninstall life pls.

Offline Shae

• Saxton hell's local black gentleman.
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2012, 11:53:56 am »
not one demoknight, cuntsman, or piss covered snipers. Uninstall life pls.
How is the update? I hear all the servers are filled up, the gamemode is bugged and all sorts of shit.

Plus steam is being shit now since so many people are still downloading that 900mb update, it was so slow for me yesterday.
And its too early to find any sort of gameplay videos :/

I prefer a tofu fried chicken substitute.

Offline Ujaya

• Mr.White Lucario
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2012, 12:48:01 pm »
its too early to find any sort of gameplay videos :/

here ya go

my solo attempt

Offline Shae

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2012, 10:06:58 am »
I heard that all you need is 4 engies, a spy (To sap bombers and giant demos and shit), and a scout (Dosh collecting, sandman marking etc) and you'll get an insta-win.

Assuming you'll even get to play.

Also fully upgraded beggar's bazooka shooting 12 crockets at once with that canteen thingy.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 10:09:33 am by Shae »

Offline Rukrio

• the village idiot
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2012, 12:31:59 pm »
Demoknight apparently also works well, and it's only aided by the fact most demo melee weapons apparently can be upgraded.
just don't go full demoknight until you are upgraded sufficiently for taking a beating and delivering said beating.

Help. I don't know where this belongs.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2012, 01:19:34 pm »
Pyro with default with full damage 500 ammo and 100 hp per kill #1

Also using #super_admin_weapons_2012

Offline Antie97

• OH GOD, THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALL SPHINCTERS
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2012, 03:51:15 pm »
Also fully upgraded beggar's bazooka shooting 12 crockets at once with that canteen thingy.

Yeah that's the first thing I did when I was playing
I place $20 into a box. So do you. There is now $40 in the box. I sell the box to you for $30. We both walk away with a $10 profit.

Offline Shae

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2012, 11:05:14 pm »
Also apparently soda popper/mad milk/sandman scout with bullet penetration and other shit is like godly. I've heard stories of scouts gaining 1k hp from grabbing cash and just slowing everyone's shit down with mad milk.

And unless you have good aim for constant headshots and explosive heads, the sydney sleeper/jarate combo works best, especially against giants.

Anyways, I gathered some tips from a thread on /v/ (4chan) and I want to know you guy's opinion on these. (Since I can't fucking play because mouse shitted on me)

Code: [Select]
>Scout
SodaPopper is the way to go.
Mad milk and Sandmann.
Collect cash to get 600+hp
Increase clip size
Get piercing bullets
Get Mark to death baseball and slowing milk
Tank get down easily with critz canteen and maxed sodapopper. Enjoy those 380damage rapid fire instant reloading 6 shells.

>Soldier
Beggar's Bazooka with +clip size, buff banner, enuff said

>Pyro
Oh god that airblast!
Don't use secondary weapons, it's all in your flamethrower.

>Demoman
Scottish Resistance is awesome. The detonation delay isn't a problem in MvM, but you get to put 14 crits sticky traps, and detonate independently at will.
Other ways to play it : Maxed Eyelander with chargin targe.

>Heavy
Not much to say, max that minigun!

>Engy
Two ways Teleporter is priority, allows last second saves and escaping sentry busters
max your melee speed, gotta wrench that sentry! Get dispenser radius up for all to benefit.
If a sentry buster runs up to your shit, wait until it starts ticking, then pick up your sentry, otherwise if they're swarming you, pick it up and let your teammates deal with them.

>Medic
Kritzkried, and ubercharge canteen to share with your healing target.
Don't melee the tank with ubersaw, you'd rather charge up your kritz.
With demoman, lay critz traps before round starts, your charge rate is 10 times faster.

>Sniper
Yes there's a way to be usefull as sniper.
Sidney sleeper and jarate.
Make jarate slow. Hit giants with piss gun, they fall very quickly, allowing your mates to get more time to shoot at the tank on which you make little damage. It's a very supportive role.
Headshot explosion upgrade make ennemies bleed with sidney sleeper. (so no headshot crit)

>Spy
Max out the sapper.
Get armor piercing knife.
Sap groups of robots, sap sentry busters
Backstab giants.
Also a very supportive role, you don't deal much damage, but that sapping power is golden.

Offline 9mmpainpill

• Donator
  • On a THC powered rocket ship to the moon.
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2012, 04:38:11 am »
Sniper with Machina and jarate is what works best for me so far.  Upgrade dmg, explosive headshots, and charge speed.  The only 2 things you have trouble with headshots is the medic and scout bots but they can both be killed with barely charged bodyshots.  But the nade bots line up perfectly and you can completely own them with easy headshots, same with all the bigger bots.  One round I took out all the medics with half charged bodyshots and multikills, took 90% of all the health from the bigger bots and got a ton of dmg on the tank by myself and my team only had to kill the scoutbots and help with the tank.  By far the easiest last round I've had so far.

All the other classes I haven't been too effective with though, except maybe medic I guess.

Offline Rukrio

• the village idiot
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2012, 12:22:48 pm »
Anyways, I gathered some tips from a thread on /v/ (4chan) and I want to know you guy's opinion on these. (Since I can't fucking play because mouse shitted on me)

Code: [Select]
>Scout
SodaPopper is the way to go.
Mad milk and Sandmann.
Collect cash to get 600+hp
Increase clip size
Get piercing bullets
Get Mark to death baseball and slowing milk
Tank get down easily with critz canteen and maxed sodapopper. Enjoy those 380damage rapid fire instant reloading 6 shells.

>Soldier
Beggar's Bazooka with +clip size, buff banner, enuff said

>Pyro
Oh god that airblast!
Don't use secondary weapons, it's all in your flamethrower.

>Demoman
Scottish Resistance is awesome. The detonation delay isn't a problem in MvM, but you get to put 14 crits sticky traps, and detonate independently at will.
Other ways to play it : Maxed Eyelander with chargin targe.

>Heavy
Not much to say, max that minigun!

>Engy
Two ways Teleporter is priority, allows last second saves and escaping sentry busters
max your melee speed, gotta wrench that sentry! Get dispenser radius up for all to benefit.
If a sentry buster runs up to your shit, wait until it starts ticking, then pick up your sentry, otherwise if they're swarming you, pick it up and let your teammates deal with them.

>Medic
Kritzkried, and ubercharge canteen to share with your healing target.
Don't melee the tank with ubersaw, you'd rather charge up your kritz.
With demoman, lay critz traps before round starts, your charge rate is 10 times faster.

>Sniper
Yes there's a way to be usefull as sniper.
Sidney sleeper and jarate.
Make jarate slow. Hit giants with piss gun, they fall very quickly, allowing your mates to get more time to shoot at the tank on which you make little damage. It's a very supportive role.
Headshot explosion upgrade make ennemies bleed with sidney sleeper. (so no headshot crit)

>Spy
Max out the sapper.
Get armor piercing knife.
Sap groups of robots, sap sentry busters
Backstab giants.
Also a very supportive role, you don't deal much damage, but that sapping power is golden.

Black box soldier can also work: start by upgrading that reload speed ONCE, and save the remaining cash (should be 150). once you get 500+ start boosting that damage and improve reloading and other shit when you have extra cash leftover from boosting dmg output. as a side note, only use gunboats if you intend to use RJing to increase mobility (in which case invest in some HP regen and kills heal), otherwise you're better off using a shotgun/reserve shooter(if you can use it) or the rightous bison. not sure on the mantreads though.

also as scout, don't bother with bullet resistance, you have instant respawn and gain health from cash. don't use the baby face if you are upgrading speed: the speed upgrades and the baby face don't stack, making it more worthwhile to use the scattergun at least.

and with spy, don't use YER unless you can get a backstab before they notice your existence (and they are quick to pick up!). i saw a poor hapless spy player get crushed by robo-soldiers because he didn't have a disguise. however, that same spy decided to do suicide runs for a little bit, sapping the fuck out of a few bots before dying again (and giving up on spy, i think he went scout)

as a general rule of thumb, there's a reason the kritz canteen is the most expensive canteen: the offensive boost it grants can wreck shit when used properly. see a tank? Kritz boost. see a big bot (noted by red background for icon in the wave)? Kritz boost. same goes with medics: kritzkrieg has found it's full potential, but keep an uber canteen to buy more time for yourself if you're alone with a full charge

finally the whole "dat airblast" part of pyros is VERY handy, boost the airblast so that if bots get too close to the base you can buy the team more time with airblast. i've seen it happen and it works wonders.

Edit: i meant to put down reload speed
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 12:24:22 pm by Rukrio »

Offline Rukrio

• the village idiot
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2012, 07:45:47 am »
for those that ever wondered what it was like to be fully upgraded, there is a map that starts you off with 30,000 credits: mvm_open_V3
http://gamebanana.com/tf2/maps/168059
that 30,000 credits is enough to fully upgrade one class and almost fully upgrade another

Offline FlyingNipple

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2012, 06:20:31 pm »
for those that ever wondered what it was like to be fully upgraded, there is a map that starts you off with 30,000 credits: mvm_open_V3
http://gamebanana.com/tf2/maps/168059
that 30,000 credits is enough to fully upgrade one class and almost fully upgrade another
Couldn't you make/join a server with cheats and use the command? I think it's "give_currency xxxx" And you can pretty much give yourself infinite moneys. I think it works pretty well for trying out classes and just plain having fun.
Too lazy to make this a unfunny joke. Hit me.

Offline Rukrio

• the village idiot
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2012, 06:46:31 pm »
Couldn't you make/join a server with cheats and use the command? I think it's "give_currency xxxx" And you can pretty much give yourself infinite moneys. I think it works pretty well for trying out classes and just plain having fun.
true, but then again, the map lets you get a certain achievement legitly. that and i never knew about the command until now.