Author Topic: Map Exploits  (Read 2756 times)

Offline MoopsieFoot

Map Exploits
« on: March 19, 2016, 07:35:06 pm »
Some users have been exploiting map holes in Machine Attacks episodes 10b & 11 by using the "minify" spell to get to the end rooms/areas of the maps (thus triggering the map to end).

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Map Exploits
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 12:54:16 am »
Can you provide a description or a screenshot to help locate those spots? I could attempt to fix them, just need to know where they are.

Offline Turret

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 11:17:47 am »
I believe the exploit he is referring to is the resizing due to mini spells and surviving due to uber canteens while getting stuck under ceilings and placing a teleporter above you. I have tested the exploit and it works on every single map with mini spells. A quick fix might be to make it so being resized into walls kills through uber.

Offline L1GhTn1nG STr1K3

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 04:51:38 pm »
There seems to be an exploit with crashing the server. When we kicked impetus maximus one time for breaking our upgrades, he got salty and used an "old trick" to crash the server so he could get back on and evade the kick. I'm not sure what it is but I'm looking further into as well as talking with others who have been on MH2. Can this be fixed ASAP? Also I have a demo of impetus being a jerk and breaking our upgrades and doing it.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 11:30:34 am »
In order to have a chance of fixing the crash, I'd need to know how it's being done. So far from what I've seen, it looks tied to the voting system in TF2, but it's unlikely I'd be able to fix it unless I knew exactly how the issue happens, the TF2 team would have to fix it.

We can consider some alternatives though, like replacing the built-in vote kicking with a sourcemod votekick plugin instead.

Offline L1GhTn1nG STr1K3

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 04:53:25 pm »
I think I might have traced down how people are crashing Machine Hell 2 with the vote-kick system. Apparently, it has to do with typing 'retry' in console. I think they do it just as the kick is happening, or just before it occurs. Two people on MH2 were doing it today. Still digging further into it.

I also think replacing the built-in votekick with the SM votekick would be beneficial, but that's me. Like you said, I'll try to run a poll if players agree with it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 04:55:36 pm by L1GhTn1nG STr1K3 »