Author Topic: Secret Page on TF2?!  (Read 8289 times)

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
Secret Page on TF2?!
« on: August 10, 2012, 03:56:14 am »
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline iR| Doctor Scootaloo

• I need to go out more.
Re: Secret Page on TF2?!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 05:22:34 am »
Clockwork Rainbowdash showed me this. I stared blankly at my screen trying to understand what the secret page meant. Could you mind telling me, jay_?

Offline jay50jay

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 07:14:20 am »
Clockwork Rainbowdash showed me this. I stared blankly at my screen trying to understand what the secret page meant. Could you mind telling me, jay_?

Well there is a lore/backstory behind TF2. A condensed version goes something like this. There's a guy named Zephaniah Mann. His sons Redmond and Blutarch convince him to buy a load of land. The land ends up to be useless, just a bunch of Dustbowls and Gravel Pits. Not only was he old and angry, he also contracted multiple diseases on his journeys as well. He died from said diseases and as a way to get back at is oafish sons Redmond and Blutarch he spilts the land between them half and half, knowing that they'll fight each other over it. So they both hire 9 Mercenaries to do their dirty work. And here we are. If you want to get all the details you can check the wiki and find youtube videos on it.

This secret page reveals that there is a third brother who goes by the name of Gray. Lots of speculation over the Mann vs Machine update and whatnot, so we'll see how it goes.
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline iR| Doctor Scootaloo

• I need to go out more.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 10:39:00 am »
Ohhhhh! I've heard of Redmond before... I forgot. Thanks, jay_.

Offline Shae

• Saxton hell's local black gentleman.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 05:39:15 pm »
Mann vs. Machine. A third possible robotic team? Whut? Grey Mann? Long lost brother? Grey team?

What? The portrait of barnabus hale and the family is clickable? (Halloween update picture, click on barnabus hale) and it leads here?
http://www.teamfortress.com/pumpkinpatch/the_last_will_and_testament_of_Zepheniah_Mann/
Whut?

Barely Melted capacitors are equippable now? What happens if two capacitor owners do a high five taunt?!

">Did you hear the story from 1008 where Archimedes, Archimedes, Archimedes, Big Elfin Deal, Enormous Haunted Eyeball, Engineer's Cap, Dispenser, Flamboyant Flamenco, and the Administrator walked into a bar?" (Message changes)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 06:01:02 pm by Shae »

I prefer a tofu fried chicken substitute.

Offline Rukrio

• the village idiot
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 06:07:32 pm »
Brace yourselves. *erects tinfoil hat dispenser* we're going to need these. and crit rockets. and medics. pretty much everything.

Man Versus Machine is (apparently) going to be the horde mode update.  so do yourselves a favor and look up "HM_OPchallenge" to practice holding off against waves of bots. brotip: Pyro bots on higher difficulties (in general) don't like your projectile weapons and WILL airblast the fuck out of them. that's what i did shortly after connecting the dots.

Help. I don't know where this belongs.

Offline Rukrio

• the village idiot
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 07:39:31 am »
Bump because in game "System Breach" that involves a comic, a third possible team, [REDACTED FOR SPOILERS]

http://www.teamfortress.com/bloodbrothers/
no items (namely hats) were harmed in the crafting of the trigger.

Offline jay50jay

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 12:53:12 pm »
Bump because in game "System Breach" that involves a comic, a third possible team, [REDACTED FOR SPOILERS]

http://www.teamfortress.com/bloodbrothers/
no items (namely hats) were harmed in the crafting of the trigger.

Offline Rukrio

• the village idiot
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 05:50:46 pm »
final bump from me: Valve has acknoledged we (TF2 community as a whole) beat thier ARG and they are pleasantly surprised, planning to keep this in mind the next time they do make an ARG.
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=8621

Offline jay50jay

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 10:47:37 pm »
And then the update happened and everyone lived happily ever after. Except the robots.