Author Topic: Short Circuit sound  (Read 2817 times)

Offline Doorbell•ʸᵃʸ

• no u
Short Circuit sound
« on: September 26, 2014, 06:20:11 pm »
So I was playing Engineer with the (as you already know) overpowered Short Circuit. I realized how epic I was and wanted to make the experience more.. magical. Anyone know how to change the sound the Short Circuit makes? (Using the "custom" folder in the Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf directory.) If someone does actually have an answer, you can refer to the sound I want to use as "airhorn.mp3". Thanks.

Offline Calcium

• apsolubely ebin :DDDD
Re: Short Circuit sound
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 10:37:43 pm »
So I was playing Engineer with the (as you already know) overpowered Short Circuit. I realized how epic I was and wanted to make the experience more.. magical. Anyone know how to change the sound the Short Circuit makes? (Using the "custom" folder in the Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf directory.) If someone does actually have an answer, you can refer to the sound I want to use as "airhorn.mp3". Thanks.

The custom sound needs to be in a specific format (WAVE/16bit/44100 Hz/Mono), which requires that you convert it from mp3 (you can do this with Audacity). It then needs to be placed in the right folder with the proper file name. So in this case the file would need to be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\custom\[Any Folder Name]\sound\weapons\barret_arm_zap.wav" where [Any Folder Name] can be anything (even "[Any Folder Name]").

If that sounds too complicated, just download http://calciumgaming.net/dl/sxh/ShortCircuitAirhorn.zip and extract the "tf" folder in the zip to "Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\" for some MLG airhorn fun.

Offline Doorbell•ʸᵃʸ

• no u
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 08:37:18 pm »
Thank you sir. I am now a True FaZe MLG Player. Although is there a way to make it louder? It seems quite quiet when it does play.

Offline Calcium

• apsolubely ebin :DDDD
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 05:10:57 am »
Thank you sir. I am now a True FaZe MLG Player. Although is there a way to make it louder? It seems quite quiet when it does play.

I made it a bit louder: http://calciumgaming.net/dl/sxh/ShortCircuitAirhorn_louder.zip It's not much, but if I amplify it any more there will be very noticeable crackling noises.