Author Topic: Steam Summer Sale Thread  (Read 11313 times)

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
Steam Summer Sale Thread
« on: July 19, 2012, 02:55:19 pm »
So now that Valve is putting up games for fiendishly low prices, what have you guys been buying? And what would you recommend? I recently got a hold of Sanctum and Payday among others. Both a lot of fun although Payday is a bit pricey compared to other games at the moment.
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline Antie97

• OH GOD, THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALL SPHINCTERS
Re: Steam Summer Sale Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 05:21:57 pm »
I got Binding of Isaac for $1.24, and Mirror's Edge for $4.99
I place $20 into a box. So do you. There is now $40 in the box. I sell the box to you for $30. We both walk away with a $10 profit.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 05:29:34 pm »

halp.

Offline shezeu

• 2Spookie4You
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 05:48:13 pm »

Offline Shae

• Saxton hell's local black gentleman.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 06:07:00 pm »
@Shezeu

Oh god my sides, they're imploding!

I prefer a tofu fried chicken substitute.

Offline Rukrio

• the village idiot
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 07:54:36 pm »
I got Binding of Isaac for $1.24, and Mirror's Edge for $4.99

@ binding of isaac purchase:

hope you don't mind doing this after every bad (or set of bad) run(s)

followed by rage quit

as for me?

wasted my 20$ before the steam sale thinking it'd be like Episode 3 all over again.

but i did get bastion, BoI: Wrath of the Lamb DLC (do not get until you know you'll last longer than 4-6 floors (or have managed to kill mom 'once') without the DLC) and quantum conundrum with it.

all of them were worth the cash, even without the sale dropping thier prices.

Help. I don't know where this belongs.

Offline Thochun

• Unrelenting hatred against animated ponies.
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 08:26:56 pm »
Bought:
  • Terraria - $2.49
  • Garry's Mod - $2.49
  • Portal 2 - $4.99
  • Left 4 Dead 2 - $9.99
Stupid moves:
  • Bought everything on day one (could of bought L4D2 at $4.99 during the community voting)
  • Buying Garry's Mod while only having tf2
  • Bought Portal 2 for a friend when I could of bought the 2 copy bundle (F'n idiot)
  • Not buying more games!!!
Terraria is so much fun! It's like playing Minecraft, but as a 2-D side-scroller, but MORE AWESOMER (I know that's not a real word)!!! It feels like a never ending progressing game. There is so much stuff to do that you'll have a hard time deciding either to go left or right. Variety of clever weapons and equipments. And there's BOSSES!!! (F'n Skeletron)

I also wanted to buy Amnesia, Limbo, Cave Story, Payday, Dead Space 2, the Arma 2 bundle, Dead Island, maybe even Dungeon Defenders, and so many more...but I only have so little money...and hard drive space xp
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:33:01 pm by Thochun »
A.K.A. Captain One-Shot.

Offline Shae

• Saxton hell's local black gentleman.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 08:46:23 pm »
@ binding of isaac purchase:

hope you don't mind doing this after every bad (or set of bad) run(s)

followed by rage quit

You do know that the more you play, the more shit you unlock. Dying is almost a necessity in that game.
But it is all luck though and I see what you mean. You just don't have patience.

Back on topic:
2broke4u

But I did manage to trade for a DOTA 2 invide that I'm trying to trade off for tf2 shit or other games.

I prefer a tofu fried chicken substitute.

Offline Antie97

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 12:03:48 am »
Binding of Isaac really is all about luck, that's why I like to play as Cain.
It's not that hard, I've beaten the game 4 times already with only about 30 deaths.
That's way better compared to the videos I've seen.
I place $20 into a box. So do you. There is now $40 in the box. I sell the box to you for $30. We both walk away with a $10 profit.

Offline Thochun

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 01:09:05 am »
You guys are talking a lot about Binding of Issac. Is it that much of a good game? Cause when I saw the game cover, it looks like a very depressing kind of game, and looks freaky as shit.
A.K.A. Captain One-Shot.

Offline Antie97

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 01:53:39 am »
Well, many find the game disturbing and offensive due to it's religious themes. The game has many religious themed items, like the Bible, which can kill 2 of the bosses in the game. You can even make deals with the devil and "sell your soul" or in this matter, Heart Containers, for cool items/upgrades. You can turn yourself into a demonic spawn of satan, as you try to kill your mom.

Offline Thochun

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 02:04:37 am »
Interesting..very interesting! Not the whole religious crap, but overall...
*Checks store page*
A.K.A. Captain One-Shot.

Offline jay50jay

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 12:25:17 pm »
Interesting..very interesting! Not the whole religious crap, but overall...
*Checks store page*
I feel the need to clarify that the way Antie portrays it makes it seem evil and horrifying when to me its rather tongue and cheek and funny. There are items like the Shoop da Whoop face and a Unicorn Horn that allows you to demolish everything. Even the more disturbing features like, for example, the Familiars which are fetuses that float around and fire with you, are like little stuffed plushies.

When you put these elements together, It reaches this weird state where you know its disgusting and odd, but you really don't care because you know the game isn't being serious. unless You're some super religious Westboro Baptist person, then you'll hate it more than Satan himself (hurrhurrhurr).
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline Antie97

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 05:48:30 pm »
Well not every weird item has a religious theme. There's the wire coat hanger upgrade, that suggests that Isaac was a failed abortion. And the Steven item, which gives Isaac a tumor on his head. Some people may find these items disgusting and offensive, but they were intended to be funny, and they kinda are.

But I think we're getting a little off topic here

Offline jay50jay

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 07:52:37 pm »
Well not every weird item has a religious theme. There's the wire coat hanger upgrade, that suggests that Isaac was a failed abortion. And the Steven item, which gives Isaac a tumor on his head. Some people may find these items disgusting and offensive, but they were intended to be funny, and they kinda are.

But I think we're getting a little off topic here
Yeah, I think we're on the same page. I just don't want to discourage people from buying it when typing about the themes of the game makes it seem much more disturbing and awful than actually playing it does. Anyways, back to the topic.
I got Worms Reloaded which is a lot of fun! Also considering Borderlands in preparation for Borderlands 2, maybe if it goes on flash sale. c: