Author Topic: Weapon/Item Suggestions  (Read 11948 times)

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Weapon/Item Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 06:20:05 pm »
How many crossbow bolts does the medic get?

Offline 9mmpainpill

• Donator
  • On a THC powered rocket ship to the moon.
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 06:23:29 pm »
How many crossbow bolts does the medic get?

30+ I think.

Offline DrJack Posts Ponies C:

• Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 06:26:44 pm »
1 arrow in on spawn and 38 in reserve

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 08:51:14 pm »
I've been thinking, the High Five taunt is pretty much the best taunt in the game for acquiring crits on command. Maybe making all taunts push to hold somehow would be the way to balance it so all players have the same advantage. Just a thought.
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline Antie97

• OH GOD, THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALL SPHINCTERS
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 08:58:34 pm »
I've been thinking, the High Five taunt is pretty much the best taunt in the game for acquiring crits on command. Maybe making all taunts push to hold somehow would be the way to balance it so all players have the same advantage. Just a thought.

Crits would be everywhere. Rockets, stickies, grenades, bad hales would be destroyed.
It wouldn't be much of a game, it would be a more of a slaughtering.
The natural balance would be upset, hales would become extinct, and cease to exist.
I place $20 into a box. So do you. There is now $40 in the box. I sell the box to you for $30. We both walk away with a $10 profit.

Offline jay50jay

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2012, 12:56:36 pm »
Crits would be everywhere. Rockets, stickies, grenades, bad hales would be destroyed.
It wouldn't be much of a game, it would be a more of a slaughtering.
The natural balance would be upset, hales would become extinct, and cease to exist.
So either its a mild for of pay2win for the people who do have the items/money to afford a high-five taunt, or grossly unbalanced if the mechanic is available to everyone. Seems like taunt for crits is rather broken. Of course, this isn't like FINALDESTINATIONNOITEMSFOXONLY.  If its fun it shouldn't matter. I'd just to see a way so its fun for everyone, not just a certain percentage of the player base.
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline Rukrio

• the village idiot
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2012, 01:45:56 pm »
for some reason i want to see heavies gain a small buff of thier own based on MvM

Remember the Rage effect heavies can get and use on taunt?
apply that to them, but only if you can apply the 'airblast gives rage' to hales on the recieving end of this as well...
come to think of it, we could also let FaN scouts have thier knockback back in full swing if we do this to them as well.

Help. I don't know where this belongs.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2012, 08:14:24 pm »
I don't think it's possible to modify existing taunts so you can hold them down.

In other news though, I buffed the huntman's arrow count to 20 total. I wanted to make it 25, but apparently the game itself limits it to 20.

for some reason i want to see heavies gain a small buff of thier own based on MvM

Remember the Rage effect heavies can get and use on taunt?
apply that to them, but only if you can apply the 'airblast gives rage' to hales on the recieving end of this as well...
come to think of it, we could also let FaN scouts have thier knockback back in full swing if we do this to them as well.

This seems like an interesting mechanic. I've never actually seen what that upgrade did in MvM, so I'll look into it.

Offline 9mmpainpill

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 09:01:04 am »

In other news though, I buffed the huntman's arrow count to 20 total. I wanted to make it 25, but apparently the game itself limits it to 20.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 12:38:47 pm »
Tried using the attributes for the rage bar and got nowhere, might be tied to the MVM game mode.
Gonna try some more set ups for it.

Onto other business, ideas for the silenced smg or if we should make it like the default smg.
Cozy camper maybe getting 2 or 3 hp per second, might not seem like alot but it would be an offset to the bushwacka.
getting rid of the cannot collect ammo from the beggars bazooka, opinions?

Offline 9mmpainpill

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2012, 02:34:15 pm »
Using this page for the item attributes:  http://optf2.com/tf2/attributes

Amputator

361 become fireproof on hit (1 sec)  For anti-cave loadouts, since Amputator already helps heal teammates.

Flamethrower/Rainblower/Festive Flame

367 - Ext earns crits.  Anti-Cave loadouts that would reward pyros for staying close and being a team player.   Degreaser isn't used for dmg so it seems pointless to give it ext crits, dunno.

Silenced SMG

106 - (15% more accurate)

5 - (15% slower firing speed)

Dunno about that one, but can't think of anything else for it :p  The smg accuracy is kind of annoying though.

Holiday Punch

176 - Can't be killed with headshots.  Anti-CBS loadout that lets hoovies stay in the open at the cost of the running speed from GRUs.

Offline Antie97

• OH GOD, THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALL SPHINCTERS
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012, 11:50:45 pm »
please buff silenced smg, really like it and would like to use it in saxton hale.
I place $20 into a box. So do you. There is now $40 in the box. I sell the box to you for $30. We both walk away with a $10 profit.

Offline Rukrio

• the village idiot
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2012, 07:57:20 am »
Tried using the attributes for the rage bar and got nowhere, might be tied to the MVM game mode.
Gonna try some more set ups for it.

Onto other business, ideas for the silenced smg or if we should make it like the default smg.
Cozy camper maybe getting 2 or 3 hp per second, might not seem like alot but it would be an offset to the bushwacka.
getting rid of the cannot collect ammo from the beggars bazooka, opinions?

beggars bazooka buff, do it because it encourages the kind of gameplay the weapon already encourages.

Help. I don't know where this belongs.

Offline jay50jay

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2012, 02:17:03 am »
A little Beggars buff I was thinking about was increasing the amount of rockets that can be held, because as of right now, its rather shit in Hale.

Offline Graystripe

• Donator
  • I AM NOW JAYFEATHER
Saxton Hell weapons buff/nerfs
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2012, 02:39:03 pm »
So I was looking back on my old topic on how you could use the Market Gardener to deal 1500 damage if you got a successful garden.

And jay_ said >Weapon suggestion thread

Well, I got bored and here it goes.

Just wondering if you think there are any weapons that could be buffed/nerfed, ex: Soda Popper dealing 10% more damage or something like that.
Post below, of course.
Originally MISTA|SPY
Now Jayfeather

Like anyone is reading this >:c