Author Topic: Invisible Engie Hack  (Read 2631 times)

Offline HyperPlayer10

Invisible Engie Hack
« on: October 27, 2013, 02:09:15 am »
So today I saw an Invisible Engie on the Trading Server. At first, I thought he was using rtd, but he was invisible past 20 seconds and someone else is using RTD while he was invisible, so I made a complaint
STEAMID and STEAM COMMUNITY Profile:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198060607467

This happened around 2PM (UTC/GMT +7 Hours)
In the SAXTON HELL TRADING SERVER

Description:
I was in the map Goldenrod City where I went into the big tower thing. At the first floor, I found a mini sentry built by the other team. So I went in as a Dead Ringer spy and kills the engie's sentry nest. When I hovered my cursor over him, I saw his name yet I can't see his avatar. I later tried RTD and I succeed, but I noticed that the Engie was still invisible so I  knew instantly that he was hacking. He said that he was using "the cloak and dagger" but I counter-commented with "Engies don't have cloak and daggers, dumba$$". He then complains that he wasn't hacking, blah blah blah. He was obviously an engie as he killed me once with the Gunslinger Taunt Kill while he was invisible but I didn't have the reflexes fast enough to take a screenie.

On the first screenie, you can see that he was invisible and you can faintly see in the chat that someone else just tried RTD, therefore eliminating excuses of RTD Invisibility.
On the second screenie is the console, in which there is slight proof of the conversation that I listed above happening. I don't know if you can see but I'm sure that there's a sentence in the console proving that he killed me once with a Gunslinger Taunt or a shotgun or something.
Thanks for reading

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Invisible Engie Hack
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 03:45:01 am »
An "invisible hack" isn't something that's possible. Your client likely just desynced and decided not to render a player. This is a known issue in TF2 that goes back many years. Generally typing "record fix; stop" in console fixes it.

Additionally, you uploaded thumbnails instead of your actual screenshots.

Offline HyperPlayer10

Re: Invisible Engie Hack
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 05:12:43 am »
Oh, sorry. I didn't realized