Author Topic: Glitches  (Read 12461 times)

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
Re: Glitches
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 01:33:03 pm »
If you guys want to fix a glitch, fix the end-round glitch where the prop can shoot the pyros and the pyros lose their weapons. That's a legit recent change from years past.

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 02:26:19 pm »
If you guys want to fix a glitch, fix the end-round glitch where the prop can shoot the pyros and the pyros lose their weapons. That's a legit recent change from years past.

As far as I know, this isn't a glitch. It was a recent addition for a reason: If the blues can't find the props in the round time, why should they get crits after the round to kill the props then? And for the prop that did well enough and hid for the entire round, why not reward him or her with some easy targets and crits?

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 03:30:35 pm »
because there's no point to either
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2013, 09:57:34 pm »
because this change was never implemented for years nor seen necessary by the guys that created the mod.
because if you don't have the balls to shoot hunters before the time's up, you shouldn't get a freebie.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2013, 06:33:49 am »
Could do a SourceOP and slay all blues on round end?

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2013, 10:32:52 am »
say some people want to post a screenshot of a good score, and they didn't die at all legitimately. it wouldn't look as good if they had 5 deaths which were caused by the end of round thing.
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline Marshii

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2013, 12:49:26 pm »
Also, @Voidy, the sound clips still tend to cut off. Though it's not game altering i.e. not a high priority issue by any stretch of the imagination.

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2013, 12:59:48 pm »
say some people want to post a screenshot of a good score, and they didn't die at all legitimately. it wouldn't look as good if they had 5 deaths which were caused by the end of round thing.

Then kill all the props in the round and it'll be no problem.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2013, 01:05:28 pm »
Then kill all the props in the round and it'll be no problem.

Would be silly if Marshi's "kill all blu team" suggestion happened afterwards.

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2013, 02:30:11 pm »
Would be silly if Marshi's "kill all blu team" suggestion happened afterwards.

Again, why should the blues be rewarded, in the current case of not dying, by not finding all the props?

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2013, 04:15:11 pm »
Could someone please explain how this added after-round thing is terrible? From what Glace has explained to me, if there is one prop last when the round ends, that player gets crits and Blu loses their weapons. This affects the gameplay of the mod how? I could understand if the last prop alive was now getting crits before the round is over, when ranking points still count. But from my understanding, one does not get any points for kills made after the round is over. So what's the problem? It does not affect the core gameplay in any way, shape, and/or form, so I see no problem. Unless there is a glitch happening where this goes into effect before the round ends, in which case, I would whole-heartedly agree that would be too big of a change to be happening.
And please, I've honestly only ever met maybe one or two people who actually care about their deaths on the tab screen. Most of us only care about our points when screencapping. Especially in a mod such as prophunt.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 04:18:22 pm by luvedragon »

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2013, 05:35:40 pm »
Why don't we just turn friendly fire on for blues after round end, just like on VSH?

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2013, 01:57:48 am »
The teamswitching at round end in prophunt was absolutely bugged since creation. Mechanically (and visually), it made no sense to have the teams swap instantly when one team won. As Glaceon and Luve have both explained, hunters shouldn't really be given the ability to get some cheap kills after a prop manages to win the round.

Even the current maintainer of the public plugin agrees:
The game now ends at 0:00 instead of 0:01. Also, teams are not switched until right before the next round starts.

Also, @Voidy, the sound clips still tend to cut off. Though it's not game altering i.e. not a high priority issue by any stretch of the imagination.

Unfortunate. However I have also heard normal TF2 VO sounds get cut off during play in VSH, so it may just be a consequence of TF2 playing too many sounds.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2013, 06:06:46 pm »
Again, why should the blues be rewarded, in the current case of not dying, by not finding all the props?

THERE IS NO REWARD! You lose and don't gain the victory points. You don't gain points for losing! Why the hell do you guys want to slaughter everything in this mod? EDIT: Blues not dying isn't a glitch. Its a suggestion at best to say they should die, but this is a glitch thread. Suggesting blues die also fuck up stats (not my point here): did you flame your health away? No. Did you get fall damage or explode a pumpkin on yourself or get wasted by the last prop? No. Let deaths be deaths and kills be kills, but don't start forcing people to die when they didn't do anything to cause death.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 06:13:35 pm by box »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2013, 06:45:40 pm »
don't start forcing people to die when they didn't do anything to cause death.

Then why should props be forced to die when they won the round?