Author Topic: Glitches  (Read 12460 times)

Offline Marshii

Glitches
« on: April 15, 2013, 09:06:43 am »
I'm not sure if this is the right place to say this, but is it me or are not only ranks down (probably GM) but I wondered because tails are also not working, nor are sounds, so I thought that maybe it's server side.

Also, I thought a general glitch report thread might be useful for map/props etc.

Edit - Also, trails don't seem to have persistence across map changes either. Again, not sure if it's just me or....
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 09:59:49 am by Marshii »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Glitches
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 11:09:40 am »
All that can happen when the database connection gets lost. Which seems to happen surprisingly often on the prophunt server and not other servers. :/

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 01:19:08 pm »
So is it just a problem with the gamemode then? Or is something wrong with the server itself?
I am totally the prettiest girl on the Prop Hunt server.
#PrettiestGirl2013 #SoTryhard

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 01:30:38 pm »
I theorize that it happens on the prophunt server because there's a deeper bug with sourcemod's database interface. The GM site has a tendency to disappear quite a bit, so that database connection can fail often. The bug would be that SM causes the connection to our database to fail because of it.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 07:08:44 pm »
Just a quick one I've noticed recently, I'm not sure if it is happening to other people or not, but when I jump and/or crouch jump (not every time, but very frequently) the camera decides to glitch out and/or teleport my prop just slightly out of sync so I end up doing things like missing jumps or not moving smoothly. Could this be a problem with the server?

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 07:12:30 pm »
That's a recent change affecting all of TF2. I'm not particularly happy about it either.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 07:21:24 pm »
Ah, ok. Thanks anyway ;)

Offline Marshii

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 08:51:19 am »
Not sure if it's client/server side or if it's cause by the TF2 update but some of the game sounds cut off like 'I am the one and onl-', 'Mission begins in 10 sec-' etc.
Thought it might have been worth reporting regardless.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 11:46:57 am »
That may have been something I did. I've made some more changes to how sounds are played, so let me know if it's still happening.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 02:24:14 pm »
Will do :)

I've just got off from playing and they seemed fine now, i'll play some more later to double check.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 04:31:58 pm »
I think it may still be happening, just had "Mission begins in---"

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 04:58:40 pm »
Alright I've made another change to attempt to prevent that.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 05:10:34 pm »
Just changed maps and i think the reset took effect though the one and only still cut off.
Is it coincidental that it happened when i switched weapons as scout?

Offline Powerlord

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 07:02:07 pm »
That may have been something I did. I've made some more changes to how sounds are played, so let me know if it's still happening.
*flip* *flip* *flip*

Hmm, I don't see a pull request or anything on the AM Prop Hunt thread.  Mind sharing these changes with the rest of us?

(In case you're wondering how I knew you changed something, it's because I saw the version change for your server in my favs list)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 07:13:47 pm by Powerlord »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2013, 07:49:37 pm »
*flip* *flip* *flip*

Hmm, I don't see a pull request or anything on the AM Prop Hunt thread.  Mind sharing these changes with the rest of us?

(In case you're wondering how I knew you changed something, it's because I saw the version change for your server in my favs list)

The changes aren't terribly interesting, just to play announcer sounds on a non-voice sound channel so that VO pitch shifting (done by a seperate plugin) doesn't affect them.