Author Topic: Solution for Exploding Binds.  (Read 12273 times)

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
Re: Solution for Exploding Binds.
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 07:16:25 am »
new unranked prophunt server go go go
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline Marshii

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 08:03:06 am »
Just to add to my point before, also about only removing 1 point at a time, by the time they have been found they would have gained their survival bonuses anway so they make a 'profit' that round regardless should they care about ranks so I think you would have to make it a higher detriment and that would only piss people off. I know that if it is just me and 1 or 2 other close friends on a server, we just mess around and the hider or hunter usually ends up killing themselves for LOLs, is it really fair to penalise them as well as though being annoying?

On another note, is this really a huge issue? It happens to me maybe once every two weeks. Every week would be lying as it isn't consistent. Overall, does it really matter?

My solution for hunters is to pop the flare before running blatantly in their direction, that way at least you get the 'finished off'.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2013, 12:52:06 pm »
On another note, is this really a huge issue? It happens to me maybe once every two weeks. Every week would be lying as it isn't consistent. Overall, does it really matter?

Likewise, I haven't seen anybody do this for a solid month at least.

Offline MrEskimoMan

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2013, 05:48:07 pm »
joshy does it
:333

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2013, 09:51:04 pm »
Jeah we all fucking know Joshy does it. Only 1 givin a fuk is you, but you aint opening your eyes to read what I said rite, cuz I said "I haven't seen anybody do it," not "Joshy does it." Why the fuk u give so much shit about what the fuk Joshy does anyway? This topic aint about him its about faggots cryin over people hitting their explode bind.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2013, 10:23:25 pm »
I think there's a lot of unjustified hate going around and it interferes with a lot of stuff. It shouldn't have any bearing on whether or not patches are made to the mod.

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2013, 10:47:11 pm »
Jeah we all fucking know Joshy does it. Only 1 givin a fuk is you, but you aint opening your eyes to read what I said rite, cuz I said "I haven't seen anybody do it," not "Joshy does it." Why the fuk u give so much shit about what the fuk Joshy does anyway? This topic aint about him its about faggots cryin over people hitting their explode bind.
prety fukn thug
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 12:25:03 am »
Who uses it is irrelevant. Also, it wouldn't kill you guys to refrain from provoking certain members for once.

Yes, it is annoying to have lost a kill in the blink of an eye, and I certainly wouldn't be opposed to modifying suicides. I'm just not sure if I like the idea of changing how many points are lost by suiciding. On one hand, it would certainly make those who actually care about their points think twice about doing it, but on the other hand messing around with the points system that is already in place just doesn't seem right to me. Our server already has several things that make it preferable to play here rather than GM (big one being propmenu, but that's a discussion for another day).

As for a delay, I wouldn't mind that.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2013, 06:30:52 am »
I'm just not sure if I like the idea of changing how many points are lost by suiciding. On one hand, it would certainly make those who actually care about their points think twice about doing it.
As for a delay, I wouldn't mind that.

I agree, deducting points would have to be at least something like 5 for the person in question to stand a chance of making an overall point loss that round. The problem with that is, does killing yourself really justify that much of a loss?

A delay is definitely something I would 'second' so to speak. (How would it work? :P )

Offline MrEskimoMan

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2013, 08:27:50 am »
If a person is going to kill themselves for the LAFF, they probably don't care about points. So  I'd say that would work pretty well, compared to the people who do it 4 da pointz being affected.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013, 04:33:42 pm »
Alright so we have mixed opinions about a point reduction, how about the delay? What are everyone opinions about that?

Offline milligraham

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2013, 04:42:31 pm »
Explode binds can be irritating, but i don't think they are a significant problem. They are frustrating to deal with because you lost an opportunity for a kill and a speed boost. Everyone knows that this is annoying. But, (for me at least) this happens so rarely that i can go weeks or months without ever seeing anyone doing this. The most common use of explode binds that I see is by players exploding for fun before the round begins. As box pointed out, on the occasions when props do suicide mid-round at least it's one prop closer to victory and they didnt put up a struggle. As of now I dont think this problem is big enough that it requires changes to be made, but I've got no problem with a solution like delayed suicides being implemented.

tl;dr annoying? yes. Changes needed? no/not yet
just my opinion on the topic

Offline Marshii

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2013, 04:55:01 pm »
Explode binds can be irritating, but i don't think they are a significant problem..... This happens so rarely that i can go weeks or months without ever seeing anyone doing this. The most common use of explode binds that I see is by players exploding for fun before the round begins..... As of now I dont think this problem is big enough that it requires changes to be made, but I've got no problem with a solution like delayed suicides being implemented.

Completely agree. Plus, if it is annoying people so much that they think drastic changes need to be made, then I am slightly worried; it's one round of one game.

Again, if a change has to be made, delaying seems ok. What sort of time are we considering? I guess 'beta testing' so to speak would take forever to determine the best time. The problem is figuring out at what point people can see a prop and start running toward it, how long that takes and then take into account any speed boosts that they may have already accumilated.

Offline MrEskimoMan

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2013, 05:01:58 pm »
IMO, there is pretty much no reason NOT to make it take points. The delay thing would then be pointless.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2013, 09:35:02 pm »
I jus dunno why in the last 6 months, after playin this fuckin mod since prolly 2010, we have to change every fuckin little thing or at least petition it? If its this serious of an issue (its not), just make it a delay and call it a day. Holy shit I've never seen so many people upset over a game they join where the rules were set years before they even heard of the thing.