Author Topic: Solution for Exploding Binds.  (Read 12308 times)

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
Solution for Exploding Binds.
« on: March 09, 2013, 11:45:42 am »
Okay, so exploding binds aren't griefing.

How about this, if someone kills themselves with a suicide/explode bind, they lose ranking points.

They lose points when they are killed by someone, but not when they kill themselves, how is that fair?

Discuss.

Offline Turkle

• Full Admin
  • Video games suck
Re: Solution for Exploding Binds.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 11:47:06 am »
Another thing to do would to have it delayed 5 seconds during the actual round. People can suicide but props have a much harder time of using it to be annoying.

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 12:04:51 pm »
i agree
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline mongolian-bbq

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 01:06:38 pm »
Both sound like good solutions, maybe even use them together?

Offline Laura

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 01:11:25 pm »
Yeah.. I was thinking the same, I really like Glaceon's idea.
"You didn't love her. You just didn't want to be alone. Or maybe, maybe she was good for your ego. Or, or maybe she made you feel better about your miserable life, but you didn't love her, because you don't destroy the person that you love."

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 04:56:36 pm »
Is this actually going to happen then, admins?  :-*
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 05:02:51 pm »
We're considering it. It'd be nice to have everyone's opinion before we go through with any changes.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 05:06:29 pm »
Is the point loss one possible? As far as I knew the points were handled exclusively on GM's end. Also, instead of delaying the exploding bind for 5 seconds why not just block it the same way all the spectator commands are blocked?

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 07:33:39 pm »
The stats portion of the prophunt plugin is designed in a way where such a modification to points would be easy to implement.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 07:35:36 pm »
A suicide already counts as a death and therefore against your stats. Stop tweaking mod already and let it be.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 08:55:32 pm »
I'd say this is all well and good but do ranks really matter to everyone? What about those who couldn't care less about ranks?

Also, sometimes people on blue decide to kill themselves with explode for one reason or another because of their own fun they're having with their friends. If this has to be implemented, only have it on red team.

But again, not everyone cares about rank.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 09:17:18 pm »
I'd say this is all well and good but do ranks really matter to everyone? What about those who couldn't care less about ranks?

Also, sometimes people on blue decide to kill themselves with explode for one reason or another because of their own fun they're having with their friends. If this has to be implemented, only have it on red team.

But again, not everyone cares about rank.

This is a good point but people can have reasons to explode on red that don't have to do with caring about ranks. No matter how little I try when I play, I know that my points are going to go up; the -2 from dying on red doesn't matter to me at all. I just don't have any fun (90% of the time) playing red. I'd rather spend the whole time dead (hence why I normally run into blu spawn or explode during setup only) and watch a video on youtube or reddit or something then go back to playing blu.

Also I don't really think box is talking about ranks - he's advocated removing them multiple times despite being rank 1; he, I, and other old regulars have talked a few times about how much more fun the server was before stats were implemented, although I can understand if the administration doesn't want to remove them. I would have a ton more fun playing on the server if I could even opt out, but that raises its own host of problems.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:32:03 pm by Shooter` »

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 10:18:35 pm »
It seems as if if someone is using an explode bind, they're doing it to fuck with people. I somehow doubt that someone trying to troll others is going to care about their rank. But what do I know, I almost never play Prophunt.
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2013, 10:26:53 pm »
It seems as if if someone is using an explode bind, they're doing it to fuck with people. I somehow doubt that someone trying to troll others is going to care about their rank. But what do I know, I almost never play Prophunt.

Most of the time you're right. If someone explodes mid-round they're doing it to prevent getting killed and they usually do it based on the person that saw them (EG, most server regulars have a distinctive unusual hat or hat/misc combo). And to my knowledge most of them don't really care about their rank, but I've only had that problem with one person, and in my mind if ther're going to that much trouble to prevent me from killing them, I've already won.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 12:09:20 am »
This leads back to the same old argument. If somebody wants to kill themselves (I hope in real life too), let them. It makes your job easier by having to kill less props and your team is 1 prop closer to winning.