Author Topic: Prophunt Admins  (Read 22967 times)

Offline Hoodie

• Donator
Prophunt Admins
« on: November 20, 2012, 05:57:24 pm »
Hey there. So myself and a few other regulars of the prophunt server started questioning something. Why are there no prophunt admins?

Rules are constantly broken over on prophunt, and as minuscule as they may seem to some, the regulars and general community despises people who break them. One of which being ghosting. Ghosting is listed as a rule, but is only taken as a suggestion or side note for people. Daily, repeat ghosting to those told not to happens, bothering and ruining the games experience.

Last month we had the Joshy/Doom incident with the exploit. If we had a prophunt regular on, this would have been solved much quicker, not saying that it wasn't dealt with fast enough. I'm just saying this as a moderation sort of thing, where the admin(s) could keep an eye out on the server and make sure the game is being played how it is supposed to be.

Please keep in mind that this is only a suggestion, and while my examples may not seem good enough, various regulars of the prophunt community can relate to most of what I have said.

Thank you for reading this, just something I wanted to get out there.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
Re: Prophunt Admins
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 06:01:23 pm »
I asked about dis a long time ago and I think Voided just wishes to keep it as it is so nobody goes power crazy. Lotta lil bitches out there get carried away.

Offline WhiteLightning

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 06:38:33 pm »
To the admins:

I agree with this proposal. These aren't game ruining rules being broken, but it definately affects the game and it quite annoynig to many people who play on a regular basis. This is mainly ghosting and spamming. And while I know that the admins are supposed to monitor all the servers, which they do very well and come to help when requested, it would be helpful to make a few trustworthy, regular players maybe like a moderator. I know many people that would support this and would be very happy if you went through with it.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 07:54:58 pm »
I've been itching to get back into PH recently (and curse whoever decided to steal my mouse), and there are constantly ghosters when I've been on. They've always been a problem. Even if someone were to be given muting powers, and not the full blown moderator powers, that would be an immense help.

And I know how it is to try and find trustworthy people who won't abuse their power. I've been in a moderator position before (Not TF2, but it's all still a basic concept), and I ended up quitting because the admin wouldn't take care of another moderator who did abuse their power. Ah, well, that place completely died out anyways. Wonder why.

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 08:14:28 pm »
Not a regular on PH by any means, but like Dragon said, giving a few trustworthy regulars on there muting and gagging powers would probably help a lot.
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline Hoodie

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 08:18:01 pm »
See that's the thing. Maybe I used the wrong word. Instead of a full blown admin, something like a prophunt moderator. So that way, in the very unlikely situation that a Mod/Admin did abuse his/her powers constantly they would be able to be taken down.

A trial admin or a trail mod is the word that is coming to my mind about this. The concept of that idea could be applied here.

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
  • Friendly Neighborhood Judo Master
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 08:53:07 pm »
There are other options, such as only showing dead players chat to other dead players and muting someone once they are dead, but that might get annoying as well.

We could turn on a votemute option and a votegag option for this server... Or just go with the mod/admin idea.

Offline MisterSunshine

• Crazy Old Prophunt Guy
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 08:58:15 pm »
At least votekick with something like a 5 minute ban. That would discourage most trolls.

Offline Hoodie

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 09:58:56 pm »
Vote kick would be a good idea but due to most of the newer members comming in with their groups of friends, or somebody knowing the spammer or the ghoster, I can easily seeing this become out of hand. Not a bad idea though, as it could be useful when there are no admins/mods around.

Same can be said about the Mod/Admin thing but the deal is, The admins would choose who that individual/individuals would be, if not referenceing from the prophunt community. People well trusted and unbiased would eliminate this problem ever arising.

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 11:03:49 am »
Thing is, people get bored of Prophunt one way or another. 1 generation goes, one generation comes. The list of Prophunt Admins would just keep building up, as the old ones stopped playing prophunt.
Although, I do support this idea, the prophunt managing on GM turned out really badly. I swear, I have not seen a person from their "full" list of admins this year. No joke.
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline Hoodie

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 01:34:44 pm »
So after reading up some of the past buried threads, I found this same idea mentioned but with people nominating themselves.

No, just no.

Admin/Mod should be entirely left up to the Admin's decision, with possible referencing from the prophunt regulars. When you ask for an admin anywhere and say your own name, that isn't asking for admins, that's asking for yourself to become an admin. Just something I noticed in the past threads.

Now all to do is await the verdict from the Admins, if they decide to consider the idea. Thanks for the support guys, genuinely appreciate your input to making a better experience for all.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 05:16:02 pm by Hoodie »

Offline MisterSunshine

• Crazy Old Prophunt Guy
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 06:27:25 pm »
Thing is, people get bored of Prophunt one way or another. 1 generation goes, one generation comes.

FYI, I've been playing for at least two years. The only reason I would leave a server is if it was no longer fun or enjoyable on that particular server.

It may not be the game that drives people away.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 09:16:19 pm »
It typically is. That or extreme rage quitting.

Offline Hoodie

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2012, 09:58:45 pm »
Typically is ghosting or typically is the game in your viewpoint?

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 10:26:39 pm »
"Typically" being that people find the game grows old after awhile. This is mostly why there are few old school people like myself still playing this thing. It makes a hard case to stick with it instead of playing another game.