Author Topic: minons and their guns  (Read 4339 times)

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
minons and their guns
« on: November 29, 2014, 05:33:31 pm »
so i notice minons have all the same stats as red team when they are summoned by hales like admin and stuff, and i notice if two medics are summoned they can take down the whole team using crossbows

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
Re: minons and their guns
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 06:26:44 pm »
This has been issue forever
Is there a way to make blue team no-crit while leaving crits unaffected on red? (like zombie)
                                              (no blue random or taunt crits)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 06:28:54 pm by Lunacy »
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

• Venus Power
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 08:04:55 pm »
This has been issue forever
Is there a way to make blue team no-crit while leaving crits unaffected on red? (like zombie)
                                              (no blue random or taunt crits)
how bout we make it so if you spawn on blue as a minon from a summon, you get no crits no matter what and remove the damage bonus added to guns like the crossbow, cause that is way to op as a minon if the medic knows how to aim

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 02:27:07 pm »
The problem is that there are multiple kinds of minion summons: there's clone rages (which spawns in random boss models), random class summons, an then differing configurations: some bosses summon minions with weapons, some with only melee, and some with no weapons at all.

Do we just want to disable crits entirely on summons? That might make melee summons horribly weak.

• Venus Power
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 02:29:44 pm »
minons that spawn in with guns like the admin summon, rather have them not get the massive damage bonus

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 03:13:46 pm »
Okay so I've gone with removing crits on non-melee weapons and preventing the weapon modifications, but I might revisit adding crits again simply because it feels like minions might be too nerfed now. They already have regular health which leaves them vulnerable to pretty much everything.

Offline Marryth

• Dat Huntsman Snipper
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 12:11:29 pm »
Buff to minicrits.  To be honest, as soon as you see minions appear, you should expect them to be somewhat dangerous, and you should be more wary to focus on more than just the boss.
Arrows, arrows everywhere!

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 02:48:44 pm »
It was just that... you could spawn as spy or sniper and just pick off everyone with high damage crits across the map until you get countersniped.  No one likes getting taken out by something that isn't directly the boss... some people kill themselves just to have a chance at being summoned by a boss like Administrator.
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

Offline Marryth

• Dat Huntsman Snipper
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 02:50:52 pm »
No-one likes it but if you're smart about it you can at least prolong it or prevent it.  When I get summoned as one I generally use it as an opportunity to speed the round along. 

That and someone generally is roaming around toward blue span anyways on boss rounds that involve The Administrator, Herobrine, or other similar bosses with gunions.

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 08:27:34 am »
Or just go soldier/demo and spawncamp during the proper bosses, while accounting for initial spawn invulnerability.
On Hiatus

Offline Marryth

• Dat Huntsman Snipper
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 01:38:31 pm »
That's what the smart people would do when they recognized the Administrator or Herobrine would come up.  It really isn't hard to get around critted minions.   Now if they live, snipers would really only be the main thing to watch out for if summoned, because of constant crits to their sniper rifle.  Spies, I'm sure a lot of us tend to have that flick reaction to shoot at a teammate as soon as we collide into him or her and we /don't/ go through them, so I'm not worried about spies. 

I'd just say keep all minions to Taunt4Crits, and if people are REALLY that worried about snipers, just keep snipers as melee-crits only, requiring them to make headshots if they want to crit.  Same regard with spies that utilize ambassadors.