Author Topic: Deathrun  (Read 4609 times)

Offline Baysick

• Ɛ: ʇolɐ ɹp ʎɐld puɐ ʎuoɹq ɐ ɯ,I
Deathrun
« on: February 01, 2014, 03:58:28 pm »
Are you brand new to deathrun? Do you want to know what it is about? This post here is to help inform new and experienced deathrunners alike. (This guide is specifically for Team Fortress 2)

What is it?
In general deathrun is a game mode featuring the Saxton Hale mode but with a twist. One player spawns on BLU team as Hale and everyone else spawns on RED team. Hale is placed on one side of the map and is given buttons used to trigger traps that can kill anyone on RED team. The RED team is spawn on the other side of the map (generally parallel to Hale) and their objective is to avoid those traps and reach the end of the map alive. If all players on RED team die then Hale wins.

Maps
Maps are not your regular Team Fortress 2 capture point maps. These maps are generally more narrow and very linear. The area where you spawn will kill you if you stay in it for too long. Traps are placed all over the map.

Most maps separate the Hale and the RED team by a one way glass (or one way wall) where the Hale can see the RED team and RED team is blind of the Hales position. Some maps allow you to see Hale as in a two way glass. RED and BLU teams are always separated by a barrier of some sort. All maps allow the Hale too see the RED team.

Deathrunners must complete the map under a certain amount of time.

Afk slayer- You will be slayed under a certain amount of time for not moving out of the spawn room/area in under a certain amount of time (Time varies by map).

Timer- RED team is given a fixed amount of time to complete the map (Which also varies by map) at the start of every round. Timers are used to prevent players who leave the spawn and become afk or to prevent players from holding up the round. If RED team runs out of time then BLU team wins.

Motivator- Some maps will have a motivator instead of a timer (Some may have both). Motivators in general is a wall that progressed from the RED teams spawn after a certain amount of time after a round has started and will progress through the map. A player who come in contact with a motivator is killed. Motivators move at a fixed speed (according to the map), will not kill Hale, and come in various forms such as moving walls with pictures or a moving model.

Class default running speeds
[slowest]
Heavy- 77%
Soldier- 80%
Demoman- 93%
Pyro- 100%
Engineer- 100%
Sniper- 100%
Spy- 100%
Medic- 107%
Scout- 133%
[fastest]

It is important to know about class speeds are to understand how easy it is for you to lets say jump a gap or navigate a platforming area. Keep in mind that scout is not the fastest class within Saxton Hale servers as his speed has been reduced to around 100%.

Saxton Hale Deathrun features and rules
-First of all player collision (commonly referred to as "pushing") is enabled on the server. This is a feature of Saxton Hell severs and there are no rules against it so please don't complain about it.

-Saxton Hell restricts weapons such as an medi-guns, shields, stickybomb launchers, and rocket launchers.

Saxton Hell enables perks
Scout- One time use of Bonk! Atomic Punch used to survive specific traps
Soldier- Allowed to use The Disciplinary Action (yes the whip) to aid teammates by giving them a speed boost
Pyro- Use of The Flare Gun used to "flare jump" over traps
Demoman- Allowed use of The Ullapool Caber to "Caber" over traps or navigate large gaps
Heavy- Allowed use of the Gloves of Running Urgently to jump slightly higher/further and move somewhat faster
Engineer- Absolutely nothing
Medic- Even though he is restricted from medi-guns he is allowed a Crusader's Crossbow to heal teammates
Sniper- No known restrictions or perks
Spy- A one time use of The Dead Ringer used to take significantly reduced damage from certain traps.

*hint*- On Saxton Hell deathrun servers the scout's speed is decreased to 100% and there can only be 10 scouts at maximum on the RED team. He also cannot double jump.

-Spamming say sounds is not against the rules.

- Overuse of a microphone is a bannable offence. Although it may be annoying to some of you you... Young players using their microphones is allowed. Administration will not ban a player using a microphone unless they are microphone spamming. They are allowed to talk just like the rest of us.

- Destroying platforms after you have crossed them is a bannable offence called "Platforming Grieving" (commonly reffered to as "Platform trolling")

Deathrun Hell #1- 69.162.110.91:27015
Deathrun Hell #2- 69.162.110.91:27022

When playing the servers you may type !rules to view more on Saxton Hell server rules. Here is what should show up.
Deathrun rules
- Don't exploit map features. This includes getting behind map 'motivators'. Our automated detection system will punish you by slaying you.
- Don't grief other players by standing on small platforms and not allowing them to pass.

Global rules
- Hacking will earn you a permanent ban.
- Don't be a douchebag. If you're making other players unhappy, don't be surprised if an admin steps in.
- Don't spam chat or with your mic.

Mini-games/Bonuses
Some maps have extra/alternative endings. Maps with mini-games have more then one doors/exits at the end that the RED team may choose.

One common and popular minigame is called B hop (bunny hop). Both teams must jump to the end (or middle) of the map to win. Platforms are in the area to jump across a gap to get to the end. If you don't jump on the platform or fail to jump before the platform collapses then don't worry. You won't die but must start over.

- Fight allows the RED team to race against the Hale. Think deathrun without traps.

- Humiliations

- 50/50

I will add more too it when I feel like it... Feel free to tell me whatever you think should be changed and placed in this guide. I know it's not a perfect guide (yet) so don't get pissy with me.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 12:21:43 am by Baysick »
$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
Re: Deathrun
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 04:02:57 pm »
Engineer and sniper are trap bait for now

Offline Sakuya

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 07:53:54 pm »
Btw to all the new people, deathrun is full of 12 year old kids just like freak fortress, the difference is that... wait no, both are retarded.

- !ghostmode is a sever plug-in. If you tell players what door a guessing trap by using your ability to move into that trap is then that is ghosting. Ghosting is against the rules.
You should re-read the rules
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 07:57:29 pm by Sakuya »

Offline Baysick

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 09:17:59 pm »
Unless an admin tells me otherwise.... I have removed that ghostmode part. Thanks Sakuya.
$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 09:19:46 pm »
Btw to all the new people, deathrun is full of 12 year old kids just like freak fortress, the difference is that... wait no, both are retarded.
You should re-read the rules
Global Rules

Hacking will earn you a permanent ban.
    Don't be a douchebag. If you're making other players unhappy, don't be surprised if an admin steps in.
    Don't spam chat or with your mic.
    Additional rules apply to specific servers, listed below.

Deathrun Rules

Don't exploit map features. This includes getting behind map 'motivators'. Our automated detection system will punish you by slaying you.
    Don't grief other players by standing on small platforms and not allowing them to pass.

copy pasted from the rules part of the website

where did you get your quote from

Offline Baysick

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 11:44:41 pm »
Global Rules

Hacking will earn you a permanent ban.
    Don't be a douchebag. If you're making other players unhappy, don't be surprised if an admin steps in.
    Don't spam chat or with your mic.
    Additional rules apply to specific servers, listed below.

Deathrun Rules

Don't exploit map features. This includes getting behind map 'motivators'. Our automated detection system will punish you by slaying you.
    Don't grief other players by standing on small platforms and not allowing them to pass.

copy pasted from the rules part of the website

where did you get your quote from

Thanks. Also he got the quote from me Cube I just edited out the information.
$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3