Author Topic: OP Weapons/ suggested weapon changes.  (Read 75180 times)

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
Re: OP Weapons/ suggested weapon changes.
« Reply #225 on: June 25, 2013, 07:56:32 pm »
The flaregun has been the same since it came out, correct? Why change it now?

Well why are we changing anything since most settings have been the same since they came out? Very inconsistent with changes around here.

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #226 on: June 26, 2013, 08:31:54 am »
I wasn't so much being sarcastic. I actually do want those things to be nerfed, and seeing as the server is in nerf everything mode, I thought I could sneak in instead of being bombarded by <SILLY HEADS> saying that they aren't OP, and shotguns are. I say nerf flare guns to where they do maybe mini crits, that should be enough.
Shotguns are pretty much OK I guess, don't need any buffs/
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline Marshii

« Reply #227 on: June 26, 2013, 04:21:38 pm »
So if we are removing advantages of each weapon, why not have stock loadout only, or even flamethrower only?

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #228 on: June 26, 2013, 04:40:32 pm »
I see no problem with that.

Offline MrEskimoMan

« Reply #229 on: June 26, 2013, 04:49:04 pm »
are you saying that flare should have an advantage? it already does 90 damage total, which is A LOT for just hitting someone, even without any crits. your suggestion of having stock only is beside the point, although it wouldnt really be much of a problem. and i don't see why you think that because flare would get nerfed, you would have NO chance at killing someone from range?

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #230 on: June 26, 2013, 05:08:25 pm »
Flare gun does a base damage of 30, not 90. It only does 90 with crits.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #231 on: June 26, 2013, 08:31:55 pm »
So you're saying if I got 125 health, get lit just enough to set me on fire to 120 health, the 90 damage would leave me 30 health? Cuz when that whole thing happens to me, I die instantly. I fuckin hate math too yall makin me do this.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #232 on: June 26, 2013, 10:18:33 pm »
Presuming we're going with a standard Flamethrower at a very close range (find a prop, flame+flare before it can run from it's hiding spot), the very minium amount of damage that flamethower is going to do is about 7 hp. That's just assuming you click your mouse button only once and not holding it down for a second or two, nor is it taking into account afterburn damage. Considering those of us who use this method typically hold down our M1 button for about a second or two before flaring, it's going to end up doing about 20-30 damage, still not taking into account afterburn. By the time the flare hits, between the damage of the flamethrower and the afterburn while switching, that prop is likely to be dead. If not, it will be in another second due to the afterburn of the flare.

Now, as for the degreaser, which I personally use, it does about 1 hp less of damage both with the actual flame and the afterburn (which, with the almost instant switch to the flare, the afterburn gets replaced by the flare's anyways). This typically leaves the flare needing more time for the afterburn to kill a prop or the initial flaming needs to be done for a slightly longer time. Both options I use depending on if I know who I'm flaming or the location of the prop. I prefer leaving the prop to slowly die at the hands of my flare's afterburn, but I can't do that when there are people who can still manage to get health before that afterburn kills them. :(

Offline MrEskimoMan

« Reply #233 on: June 27, 2013, 03:31:11 am »
see, there's this thing where people can chase props  :)

Offline mongolian-bbq

« Reply #234 on: June 27, 2013, 06:18:24 pm »
Like luve said, flare doesn't usually instakill unless the prop in question sits there being flamed. If you can be bothered to move and you realize someone found you it's relatively easy to avoid being instaflared in the first place. Besides, pro instakillers know axtinguisher is the way to go.  8)

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #235 on: June 27, 2013, 08:08:19 pm »
I sure as hell don't sit there while getting flamed, but one quick tap on the mouse and a followup flare will instakill me. Its the same effect as tap-flame and axetinguisher.

Offline MrEskimoMan

« Reply #236 on: June 28, 2013, 08:52:01 am »
Someone who bothers to get good with flare has a CLEAR advantage over shotgun users, even if the shotgunners have perfect aim.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #237 on: June 28, 2013, 10:12:48 am »
There's almost no possible way that a person is only going to lighty tap their m1 to only do that one thing of damage with the flamethrower. It's going to do more than just 7 damage gauranteed.

Also, anyone who learns how to use any weapon is going to do better than others. Market gardener for example. Have you not seen the amount of people recently who can use that thing and get top of the scoreboard with it? It's all in the practice and knowing how to use a weapon. People don't pull these tricks out of thin air.

Offline MrEskimoMan

« Reply #238 on: June 29, 2013, 07:23:53 am »
Note how I said that people good with flare have a clear advantage over shotgun users, EVEN IF THE SHOTGUNNERS HAVE PERFECT AIM.
fixed that up a bit for you : )

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #239 on: June 29, 2013, 10:11:09 am »
Feel free to explain how, considering it seems to be easier to shoot any hitscan weapon and get a hit comapred to a projectile weapon such as the flaregun or detonator. :)

It also happens to be much easier to dodge projectiles than hitscans, since the projectile weapon actually needs to be planned based on where you think a person is going to be at a second or two ahead. It's not as hard as you'd think to dodge flares. Even I give up chasing certain people since I can never hit them. :P
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:20:30 am by luvedragon »