Poll

How should boss voting be done in FF2?

Add a "Random Set" option
2 (10.5%)
Randomize the order of the options in the vote (and possibly have a "Random Set" option)
4 (21.1%)
Remove boss voting entirely and randomly select a set for every map
13 (68.4%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Boss Set Voting Poll  (Read 6639 times)

Offline Propane

Re: Boss Set Voting Poll
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 12:49:10 am »
Even though it may be a little late to suggest a new idea, but instead of sticking to 6 defined sets, have the server scramble all the hales and randomly choose 23 hales from any set to be playable on that map.

Also, all us donators wish we could choose a hale from ANY set at any time. I do see one problem with that though - new users who haven't downloaded all the bosses yet. But one can wish...

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 02:36:48 am »
Even though it may be a little late to suggest a new idea, but instead of sticking to 6 defined sets, have the server scramble all the hales and randomly choose 23 hales from any set to be playable on that map.
That may be a change done further into the future, as it would require some significant reworking of the FF2 code. For now having the set be randomly selected and manually scrambling the sets every now and then is ideal.

Also, all us donators wish we could choose a hale from ANY set at any time. I do see one problem with that though - new users who haven't downloaded all the bosses yet. But one can wish...
As you mentioned, this isn't something that's easily feasible. The bosses need to be spread across sets in order to distribute the amount of content downloaded.

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 09:10:37 am »
its like coming to a sever and me have to download models and sounds for 4 hours time well wasted now its 10 mins for each set